• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PMag D-50 won't work with my PSA 10

Sons of Liberty

Finally got a chance to take my new PSA 10 out to the range today. Shot absolutely flawlessly after I sighted it in, with PMAG 20 round magazines but when I put the PMAG d50 round drum on it I could not get it to go in because of the lever on the drum. If I manually pull the lever back and jammed the mag up into the PSA 10 it would go, but it would only fire one round and then jam because the lever doesn't have enough room to travel. Has anyone else had this issue and what would be the easiest fix. I'm thinking I can hacksaw half of the lever off to give it clearance but I'm also thinking I shouldn't have to do this right? I will also State this is my very first AR despite having many years of shooting experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

Sons of Liberty

3 minutes ago, Sons of Liberty said:

I did that but every time you go to shoot the lever has to move to inject the next round right? Or is there a way to lock it in place and they will inject themselves?

The lever just is used to load the rounds. It has nothing to do with the rounds feeding out of the magazine except it should be down.

IMG_20210905_231952.jpg

IMG_20210905_232002.jpg

Now to the next part. The recoil spring in your PA10 probably doesn't have enough horsepower to strip rounds out of the drum mag when it is close to full. That spring in the magazine is stout to move all those rounds up. Try just loading 6 or 10 rounds in the drum and see if it will work. Your rifle also isn't broke in yet. These large frame AR's need a couple hundred rounds through them for everything to start working right.

I replaced my PA10's recoil spring w/an Armalite AR10 spring.