• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

old Springfield 84C .22 resto project

micmacman

found this old thing this summer , it was basically a tent peg with a decent bore , gave $40 for it , came with a vintage weaver V22 and mount , it predates serial numbers , chambers S/L/LR , and is a tack driver , can hit a 1 1/2 spinner at 50 yds every shot

had to strip the metal down to the white to buff out the pitting and did a complete reblue , did the process 8 times 

the lumber had about 7 coats of everything imaginable including green porch paint , stripped and carefully sanded , by all accounts research says they came with very blonde stocks when new so thats what i went with 

mechanically i broke it down the the last screw ,refinished each piece and lubed  ,buffed the bolt out to remove rust and pin pitt, the bolt  has a double extractor and one side was broken , tracked that part down and after about 100 rds the other side broke and replaced that side 

sold the V22 scope and kept the mount and put a pre WW1 small caliber German Oigee 3 post on it , got $50 for the Weaver so basically paid for the rifle and $10 bucks towards materials to restore 

first pic is the pic after i decided to sell the V22 and use the Oigee on it , the other pics are with the V22 on it

P8150059.jpg

P1010132.jpg

P1010134.jpg

P1010135.jpg