• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

This a fair price?

DustinIL

I guess I should have mentioned I wasn't looking to buy, just wondering if this was a fair price outside of the group deal that is going on. I actually made this thread because it reminded me of the MA-TEN group buy thread. Any .308 buying is on hold for awhile with me getting the POF.....and expecting my first kid in May, so most if not all OT and spare cash is going towards preparing for my youngin's arrival :D

This has been discussed before. There are definite functional advantages to the monolithic uppers, no problems with rail alignment between upper and handguard, no chance of the handguard rotating, greater freedom for optics mounting without worrying about bridging two separate components with scope rings. On the other hand, if you see your guns as  a combination of components that you might want to switch from one gun to the other, the separate handguard allows greater freedom, besides allowing you to change handguard type or length to complement barrel length or rifle configuration changes. I also think that at the price you have listed, you could buy a matched MA TEN upper/lower set and add the handguard of your choice, railed or otherwise, for less money. Another thing to consider is weight, I don't know what the Mega mono setup weighs but some of the other ones on the market are substantially heavier than separate components. I guess you just have to be clear on what your needs are. I'm sure that the Mega mono setup is top of the line, just like their other receiver sets. By the way, good call on prioritizing the new baby, congrats.

• 1 month later...