• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Nickel Boron MATEN

moagm316

Taken from http://www.ar15news.com/2011/12/31/mega-arms-2012/

MEGA-MA-TEN-AMBI-RECEIVER-Set.jpg

"Most of you are probably pretty familiar with MEGA Arms.  They’re known for making some of the nicest billet receivers on the market today, which includes their Monolithic Uppers, 5.56 Standard and Ambi Lowers and the most awesome looking .308 Receiver Set called the MA-TEN.  They will be adding to their MA-TEN lineup for 2012 by offering an Ambi version of the MA-TEN lower receiver that will include their popular Ambi Bolt Catch which is currently only offered on the AR-15 lowers.  The MA-TEN billet upper and lower receivers will also be available in a NICKEL BORON COATING."

I AM FIRST IN LINE FOR THIS TO BE OFFERED IN THE GROUP BUY. YAY.

I was going to send mine out to be coated anyway. Now hopefully I won't have to do it now.

post-1353-136297271785_thumb.jpg

I wish that the firearms industry would take a note from the toy industry and do their big releases around Christmas. Just to let you know I have several guns coated in nickel boron. It generally comes in two finishes. Mate and Polished. I have an AR upper and lower coated and they are in the mate finish. My BCG is in Polished. I would hope that they not polish the outer surfaces and just polish the internals, or leave it all unpolished because your BCG will be doing a great job of that anyway.

I'm intrigued. If they figure out the ambi mag release (or just install a Norgon) they'll steal the market from the AXTS guys.

My issue is the all "stainless" look. My jury is out till I see one completed. I have the NiB coated upper. I didn't see the benefit of NiB coating my lower.

I look forward to seeing more.

I'm intrigued. If they figure out the ambi mag release (or just install a Norgon) they'll steal the market from the AXTS guys.

My issue is the all "stainless" look. My jury is out till I see one completed. I have the NiB coated upper. I didn't see the benefit of NiB coating my lower.

I look forward to seeing more.