• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

best 308 build resource for the uninformed

wellfizz

42 minutes ago, wellfizz said:

So I was wandering if yall could direct me to the most comprehensive compatibility chart or build documentation.

:laffs:Your in it! If someone was so inclined the information on this board is about as comprehensive on parts as you could find, I've followed along for years and still stumble on different stuff, new manufacturers all the time adding their spin.

Try to keep the upper and the lower from the same company. If you go PSA, you may need to do a little work to get it reliable, or you might get lucky. There’s been a few that run right out of the box. Buy a legitimate Armalite buffer tube, spring and buffer as a kit if you can and that will function without question. There are other options, but that one has been proven here over and over again. Start a build thread and list up your parts before you order…you might get some feedback that way and it will be a little more specific to your plans. Cheap is a relative term. If you go on the absolute lowest dollar end of things, you might have to do a little extra work, but it’s all doable. 

2 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Good firearms aren't cheap and cheap firearms aren't good.  Like anything in life you get what you pay for.Just my 2 mags 

My theory on this hobby is 'If you have to ask how much, you can't afford it.' Same goes with the rebuild of my classic Broncos.

11 minutes ago, wellfizz said:

"cheap"

Like all of us you just want the most bang for your buck. The search function here is your friend in this endeavor for sure :thumbup: Make yourself a parts list and post it up, we love to help people spend their money and chances are if you have a conflict on the list someone here will catch it. Take your time, really dial in what you expect from the rifle before even looking at parts. I would be very leery of anything that called itself a comprehensive list of parts compatibility, they would most likely call them all AR-10 parts :laffs: