• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Latest project

survivalshop

Well some went out & gave me a gift certificate , so I had to blow it on rifle parts . My Brownells order came today & I got a DSA upper receiver & I was , as always, when buying a product from a manufacturer , waiting to see how well its made .

The DSA got good reviews so , I wanted to see it . I'm putting it on my LWRC lower & it will be a 5.56 cal.. The upper matched perfectly in both finish & fit , nice tight fit between the lower & upper.

This is a replacement for the wife's carbine that I needed a part for , for a friend (barrel ) .My wife is a lefty , so its going to be as ambidextrous as much as I can .

This is why I started a thread about barrels , but think , I no longer care , I know the good ones , so it doesn't really matter how they compare .

I will be looking into that next. I also picked up a lower parts kit , minus the trigger & hammer . A Geissele will be going in .

This kit has the parts looking like they are blued , not sure if I've seen that before , going to have to look at my spare pats to see if any of them are like that.

post-154-136297271999_thumb.jpg

post-154-136297272002_thumb.jpg

Just a quick question - since your wife is a lefty, why didn't you consider a stag left-handed upper receiver? Or was one available as a stripped upper?

Good call on the Giessle. I've seen too many DPMS LPKs (hammer, bolt catch x 3, hammer spring x2) go tango uniform to trust them.

Just a quick question - since your wife is a lefty, why didn't you consider a stag left-handed upper receiver? Or was one available as a stripped upper?

Well , cost .& the std operating (charging) handle is ambidextrous & she had no problem with the other one .

Good call on the Giessle. I've seen too many DPMS LPKs (hammer, bolt catch x 3, hammer spring x2) go tango uniform to trust them.

Yes , my thinking also.

What are you thinking about for the other components (barrel, handguard, stock) ?

Stock will be a Magpul (of course )  ACS or ACS -L .

Barrel will be a Noveske , not sure which one , but will be a 16". I had a chrome lined Double Star bbl. in the other rifle & it was a very good shooter , but want to see why every one likes the Noveske. I for one have no problems with another DS bbl..

Hand guard , a Mid length ,but not sure  yet , maybe try some thing new to me & I want it like the Troy on my 300 BLK. Nice small dia. for the little hands .