• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Any Paul supporters in the community?

jlaw

I made this thread because I care about the message that Paul is spreading. I said I don't want to upset anyone because I am respectful. The first amendment is a bitch huh... ;) .  I am happy to see that there are supporters in this community, especial Leo's that's great gentlemen. I'm not going to argue with you or anybody for that matter. Waste of time really, My feelings are mine and yours are yours,  I can't help if you are obsessive compulsive my friend. I see things every day I do not enjoy. Beauty of the Internet is if you don't like what you see click the back button.

A very logical, and rational reply.

The exception being, I'm obsessive/compulsive.  If I read something,,,,even if I know it will "upset" me,I HAVE to read it.

It just seems to me,,that if the poster begins a topic with " I hope this does not offend anyone" that that post should never have been posted in the first place.

Respectfully

Terry

That's a personal problem/condition, and you are the one that needs to learn how to deal with that - making everyone else bend to deal with you on that is not the way it works.

"Ignore button" - that's also a personal thing, and if you know something is going to upset you, then YOU must have the self control to skip it.  Forcing other people to bend to your will and your ways is not going to work here - you can forget about that right now.

There's not a thing wrong with what the OP did, in his opening statements.  If that offends you, then you need to get over it.  On a personal level, IMHO, your reply was what was inappropriate.  If you don't like a particular conversation, then stay out of it.  Discretion is the better part of valor.

Final note on this:  This topic/coversation IS appropriate for both this message board, and in the location it was posted in:

Club House

Place to talk about anything off topic and legal

If you are going to come into this section, be advised that you might find some conversations that you don't agree with - certainly, there are going to be conversations in this section that are NOT related to any .308 AR.  That's the intent of this section in the first place, and it's going to stay a part of this board.  Maybe it is you that should avoid this entire section, instead of trying to control what goes on in this section by stating that you are offended.

Think about that.

Funny...I first looked at Paul because of the claim he was a kook in the headline. Read the article and, despite the spin, he was dead-on right. Did some research and found I wished he was every politician.

Read about his foreign policy. He believes in TOTAL war, when it is appropriate. From the soundbites you'd think he is an isolationist coward, which isn't the case at all.

Paul's son just gave back a buttload of money, saying taxpayers shouldn't pay senators and senators shouldn't accept it.

He'll be getting my vote, hopefully twice this year.

Jon

Read about his foreign policy. He believes in TOTAL war, when it is appropriate. From the soundbites you'd think he is an isolationist coward, which isn't the case at all.

You can say that again. I'd hate to be the enemy to go to war against the USA during the Paul administration. It'd probably end over night and be something mentioned in the back page of a newspaper.

That's a common misconception about Paul. He's not about running and hiding in a corner. He's about blowing you off the map if you give him a good reason to.

You want to see a good example of Paul's idea of national defense, just look at Russia. When Somali pirates captured some of our guys, we played games with them for two weeks before bringing an end to it, and if Obama Been Bobben had his way, it would have gone on longer.

When they captured a Russian oil tanker, the Russians had it back the next day, the bulk of the wait being the time it took the Spetsnaz to get there, and they got it back with the crew in good health. And when the UN told them to let the pirates go by treaty agreement, they let them go.........out in the middle of the ocean in a row boat with no food or water. I can see a similar military policy under the Paul administration, save for the UN treaty.

Pirates = fishfood.....the way it outta be.....

Don't remember anything in the the Constitution that says you have the right to not be offended...

if Ron Paul gets the nomination I'll gladly support him..if he runs third party he'll be handing BO another 4 yrs.....just like Ross Perot did for Clinton