• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New PA-10 gen 3, let's make this right!

Berry

Got a new 20" PA-10 gen 3, sku# 516551304233...

Of course, researched after I bought, found I've made a mistake, and decided it was worth fixing for the price I paid.

Has 3.8oz buffer, 7" carbine reciever extension (improperly installed), 11 3/16" spring with 28/29 coils, too short gas tube, and most likely a tiny gas port.

I plan on ordering the armalite 6 position carbine reciever extension kit with the extension, buffer, and spring, and a 15.5" gas tube.

Found the armalite kit on eurooptic, any recommendations for the gas tube?

Also, is there anything I'm missing in my journey of making this basket case into a reliable shooter?

Pics next post

Ah, thank you!

Question, carbine vs rifle reciever extension, is there a difference in reliability and use? Would it be better to go rifle reciever extension + fixed stock? Is so, does armalite make a kit like the 6 position?

No real use for adjustable stock, so if it's better, I'd go for that.

1 hour ago, shooterrex said:

That is not the correct one.  Wrong part number, brother.  That's the M15 (AR15) rifle gas tube.

"M-15™ RIFLE LENGTH GAS TUBE M-15™ RIFLE LENGTH GAS TUBE Item Number: EU0170 Your Price: EA Qty: Share Rifle length gas tube for your M-15™ rifle. Click to open expanded view Specifications Product Line M-15™ Product Category Gas Tube Length Rifle Length | 15-3/16"..."

1 hour ago, Berry said:

Ah, thank you!

Question, carbine vs rifle reciever extension, is there a difference in reliability and use? Would it be better to go rifle reciever extension + fixed stock? Is so, does armalite make a kit like the 6 position?

No real use for adjustable stock, so if it's better, I'd go for that.

Don't buy that gas tube.  You need one that's 15.5" long. 

Awesome thanks.

Any opinions of rifle length vs carbine length reciever extension? Same function with proper setup, or is one inherently more reliable?

Looking to make a range gun/hunting rifle. Really have no desire to be troubleshooting issues on the fly

19 hours ago, Berry said:

Any opinions of rifle length vs carbine length reciever extension? Same function with proper setup, or is one inherently more reliable?

If you follow the guidance, they're both great, and it comes down to preference for what you want either one for.

Carbine Recoil Systems can be 100% just as reliable as Rifle Recoil Systems, if you do it right.  There's no drawback to either one.  Both are fully functional on the same gun, when done right.  

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's a shock, from them.  Cool, though.  Well done on the rest of the stuff, it'll run.  :thumbup:

Yeah, shocked me, was actually slightly loose #41, but definitely not #40.

It did come with 3 way adjustable gas block though, so maybe those come correctly drilled.

Now, to find the time to shoot her for the first time 🤣

• 1 month later...