• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

101 Reasons To Buy An ArmaLite

• 2 months later...

Armalite AR-10 utilized the Armalite/Stoner designed magazine (currently in use by DPMS and KAC) until the Federal AWB when they switched to modified M14 magazines. Armalite later developed their own magazine based off the M14 design. They also made design changes and improvements to the weapon.

Why go back? Because a relatively new arms manufacturer was utilizing their old magazine design?

In the late 80's DPMS came along an utilized the original Stoner/Armalite AR-10 magazine.

At some point RRA came out with a 308 that used the FAL magazines. RRA later sold the design to Bushmaster. The Bushmasters had issues. Bushmaster returned the design back to RRA who sorted out the Fal magazine issue.

If I was a gambling man I would suspect that the reason the original Armalite/Stoner design AR-10 mags became popular was they are no longer covered by any intellectual property rights.

I keep saying this about every 20th thread or so but these large platform weapons are not AR-15's and share no Milspec compatability requirements. They should be thought of as different platforms that happen to look similar and share several common parts. A Remington 700 and Winchester model 70 look very similar yet we dont expect to swap parts?

I keep saying this about every 20th thread or so but these large platform weapons are not AR-15's and share no Milspec compatability requirements.

Except that there is indeed a Milspec .308 AR now - the M110 Semiautomatic Sniper System (SASS), manufactured by Knight's Armament on their SR-25 design - which has become a de facto standard, as DPMS, LWRCI , LaRue, Bushmaster, LMT, Remington, POF, JP Enterprises, Les Baer, the new Armalite, and others all meet the specs to various degrees - as indicated by the fat that they will all accept the MAGPUL LR .308 magazine.

hah, he should talk! he's just worried about those shooting bets he starts at the range. he only got me by on shot last time, and wouldn't go scoped….

it was 550yd shot on a man size target, with a 14.5" 5.56 with a mini red dot. standing,with a spotter, he took 7, i took 8. i want my money back!

On the last target I posted using poop mil-surlp I made my Lar-8 look bad,the best it's been fed is Remmington power ponits @ 180gr. they grouped better.Good ammo [match grade begets best results].I have very little patience and shoot fast and force accuracy,as opposed to accuracy and forceing speed.One ragged hole is the brass ring.