• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

22 ARC

So the advantage of the ARC is to throw heavier 224 downrange faster. The ARC twist rate is normally 7:1? That sounds like th perfect varmint cartridge for varminters that like to stick to 22s. Bet it has a hell of a crack.

I had a contender once that had a 14" 7:1 or 1:7 whatever, heavy, and It was great with 62gr on up. Stupidly sold it.

• 1 month later...

Barrel availability update.  Called Shaw Barrels this morning about the 12.5".  They now have on the website that the 16" pre-order barrels are shipped, and other 16" barrels are in stock.  Next up, shipping this week, are the 22" barrels.  So, I called to ask when the 12.5" barrels were getting into the build queue - my answer was "They're in there with the other ones..." - which really wasn't an answer at all.  Thanks, guys at Shaw.  :thumbup: You Exceeded Course Standards.  :hail:  Excellent update. 

So, the BA 18" SPR barrel - ordered 29 Jan, stated 4~6 week lead time.  I called at week 5 just to see, and I was told they'd ship in 2 weeks.  That's about right now, so I'll be looking for an email anytime now on that one, if the timeline holds up.  They have a PILE of barrel lengths and profiles that they're offering, but I'd think they'd push that 18" SPR profile towards the front of production, since all those barrel profiles do very well for them.  We'll see.

That's where we are...  

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hornady finally dropped their load data. 

https://static.hornady.media/site/hornady/files/load-data/22-arc-gas-gun.pdf

Looks pretty good. 

This is what I started with:

https://shootersreference.com/reloadingdata/22-advanced-rifle-cartridge/

EDIT:  Hornady pumped out the bolt gun load data, too.  This is NOT gas-gun data, be forewarned...

https://static.hornady.media/site/hornady/files/load-data/22-arc-bolt-gun.pdf

Edited by 98Z5V

Next weekend, we should see some velocities on factory 88gr match ammo, and some load development testing results.  I have my fingers crossed to see the data.  If I can, I'll report back on it. 

15 hours ago, Magwa said:

It's coming Together.....👍

We'll see, brother.  .224 Valkyrie was supposed to be an absolute badass.  It doesn't suck, at all, but it wasn't the absolute badass that is was portrayed as... 

I should pick up my Garmin Xero chrono tomorrow...   I'll use that, when I go out there for the testing of this.  This is what I was sent, and what the owner says is ready to go.

test22ARC.thumb.jpg.089077d6e2ae097d6bec6b2410d19b18.jpg