• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spike's battle trigger set

survivalshop

I just got a Nickel Boron trigger set from spikes & put it in my 16" AR308 & since my trigger scale doesn't got high enough to compare both the STD set up or the spikes set , all I can say  is they are nicely done & it does feel much smoother .

Notice there are some differences between the triggers & hammers , disconnect & also the pins .

post-154-136297274556_thumb.jpg

post-154-136297274567_thumb.jpg

post-154-136297274577_thumb.jpg

post-154-136297274586_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After 100rds its down to a consistent  6 1/4 # . I tested my hand polished trigger group , (that's been in three rifles ) that I have in the 300 BLK & it was a consistent 5 7/8 # but gritty , unlike the Spikes NB , it is a smooth trigger . I will post a target in the iron sight target thread , if I can find it .

This 16" with MBUS shoots very well with this trigger set up .

• 2 months later...

After 100rds its down to a consistent  6 1/4 # . I tested my hand polished trigger group , (that's been in three rifles ) that I have in the 300 BLK & it was a consistent 5 7/8 # but gritty , unlike the Spikes NB , it is a smooth trigger . I will post a target in the iron sight target thread , if I can find it .

This 16" with MBUS shoots very well with this trigger set up .

We have an iron-sight target thread?...  Where the hell have I been?...  :o

I like my Spike's NiB trigger.  I've had that thing since summer 2010, and it's a great combat-type trigger.  It did get better with time, too.  With all the trigger shuffling I've been doing, it finally made it's way into the AR 45, and it's staying there.  Fits that carbine wonderfully, as far as purpose and intent.

I think I'm at the following triggers now:

* ATC SR Gold in the .308 AR

* Geissele SSA-E in the 20" 5.56 Woody NM rifle (that trigger kicks major ass)

* Armalite National Match 2-stage in the 18" 5.56 SPR (as light as it will go)

* Jard 2lb in the 20" 5.56 precision gun

* Jard 2.5lb in the 16" 5.56 precision gun

* Geissele S3G in the 14.5" 5.56 ARFCOM billet gun (fastest trigger I've ever used)

* Geissele SSA in Jake's 14.5" 5.56 BCM lightweight (barrel) gun

* Spike's NiB trigger set in the .45 ACP 16"-barreled AR carbine

* Polished/worked stainless trigger group in the 14.5" SOCOM-barreled tan gun

* I'm forgetting a damn AR trigger somewhere...  :o 

The three 10/22s are all wearing Power Custom Ti hammer & sear kits, with the wood 10/22 also using the PC Ti adjustable over-travel trigger (the actual trigger).  Those things rock in a 10/22.  The Savage FV-SR has the Accu-Trigger, and that is very cool.  Kimber .308 bolt gun as Kimber's ridiculously light trigger.  Rem 700 20" .308 bolt has the Rem X-Mark Pro trigger, maxed out on lightest pull - that's a sweet trigger. 

I need to find Mossberg shotgun triggers, just because.  It's an affliction.  :cookoo:

Any of those AR triggers mentioned, I can describe to anyone that wants to know about them, with comparison against the others.  Ask away, but please fire up a separate thread about it.  <thumbsup>