• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from North Carolina

telluwhat

Hi everyone. In the past several months I have been doing some reading here and have really enjoyed the site. I have gotten myself a Bushmaster 308 ORC and while searching for magazines ended up finding this site, leading me to know about Bushmaster & DPMS and then the magazine I wanted for my rifle. Turns out what I was looking for was not what I actually wanted. I was looking for OEM Bushmaster mags and then after doing some reading I ordered a Magpul magazine and discovered how much better I liked them.

This photo is my 308. I have a added a Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Riflescope 6-18 x 50mm, a 4 sided mid length rail that required some modification by grinding to get it to fit correctly, no changes to the rifle. I have also added a 45° offset rail where I have set an American Tactical Red Dot Sight. Most recently I have added a tripod mount. I have a long wish list, but who doesn't?

I want to thank everyone for posting so that I could learn what I needed to and what I had no clue about. There is so much to learn....  <thumbsup>

post-1944-136297274813_thumb.jpg

I have been to Shooters Express in Belmont a few times but even the rifle range is not that long a distance. I have a similar distance private range but want to find a place to test out long distances and refine my scope on. One day I may be able to move and have that kind of place.