• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Questionnaire for a possible new business....

EdMP3006

Hey guys, my wife is encouraging me to go after a idea/dream I had about starting my own business catering to firearms enthusiasts, military and LE. I though it would be a good idea to put a short questionnaire together to see what the overall consensus would be on the items/products to be offered...

If you guys could do the questionnaire for me I would really appreciate it...

I've attached a PDF file of the questionnaire that you should be able to fill-out and email back to or if you would rather post here, I can post the questions here....

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate this!  <thumbsup>

4827_.pdf

1- Personally I run the whole gamut of shooting, from single-action revolvers to AR-type rifles and combat shotguns, so anything and everything.

2- When going to make a purchase I have already educated myself about what I want, so price makes the difference more than anything to me.  The biggest turnoff about any retailer is opinionated jackwads that spew forth ignorant garbage that benefits nobody.  Quality customer service is a huge plus.

3- As above, lowest price for a given product, coupled with knowledgable sales people and great customer service.

4- Per my answer to #1, you are going to have to have a very large selection.  My suggestion would be start with the most common and popular accessories and expand from there.

5- Is the sale of firearms somehow unacceptable?

Jon

Brother Ed I like all types of arms here AR style is king.I perfer mom and pop personal and knowledgeable service.Inventory costs start by ordering what people want and you will get a better feel for your demographic IMO.I take it your a Vet,Thanks for your service.Price drives purchase,I'm a working guy but would support you if possible vs. big box.just my .02 .Good luck brother,having your wife support you is very cool. <thumbsup>

I didn't do questionnaire. But what I want around here where I live is a shop where I can walk in and get all the reloading supplies I need, i.e. powders, primers, bullets & cases of all types. Although for me that would only include .45 Colt, .44 Remington mag & .308 Winchester.

And a good selection of the tools too. Cleaning supplies.

Sometimes I wonder about opening my own business just catering to things like that. No firearms legal b.s. to deal with. California would laugh at me if I tried that. Could do uppers though :)

We'll see if they really do try and ban all our guns, and who wins the war after that......