• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

my first 308 ar platform(2nd ar)...

blwn99x

hello everyone. I just picked up a tm machine complete lower with an A2 stock and 308 buffer. I want to build a 16" barreled rifle with collapsible stock(i have read the buffer/stock/tube post). should i use a complete upper or build my own? midlentgh gas system? Which barrel and bolt/carrier. I want to use an quad rail similar to the lwrc rail i have on my spikes/bcm ar15 with flip up sights and a muzzle brake. I like the look of the larue tac stuff, but... I am on a reasonable budget. <lmao> Any recommendations would be great, thanks 

Welcome aboard to the site, blwn99x!!! You will get plenty of advice here  <thumbsup>

For gas system you want at least a mid length on the 16". I have mid on my 16" and it's working out well it seems to me. What will you be utilizing your new rifle for? I would prefer to build my own upper. That way you customize for only what you wantmand not have to change anything you get stuck with on someones built upper, saves money that way if you can be disciplined. On mine I started out thinking I would be disciplined but coudn't resist going top shelf on lots of the parts and spent lots more than I had first imagined, so easy to do  <laughs> In the end I'm glad for it though.

Ha,small world,Cal park,fish house on 95st. top of the bridge,Bob & Jacks pizza.Saw them film the first blues bros.How olds your dad? I'm 57 :o.Went to Bowen H.S. and boned or tryied to anyway as many girls from Bush,So.Chicago,Eastside,and Hegwich.Not Includeing the westside,northside <lmao> <laughs>.Was a 3rd gen. millrat U.S.Steel So. works.Rene

my dad is 53,sounds like his life too. I have definitely heard of So. Chicago ,Bowen, and Hegwich.Most of my family is farther south in Illinois now(Manteno, Crete, Joliet area.)My grandfather owns "Johnny's Body Shop" in Tinley Park, and my uncle Ken Ray works for Sun Steel(unless they changed names) and my late grandfather used to work for Allis Chalmers. I love the city of Chicago, unfortunately their gun laws are atrocious :)