• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

weekend fun

edgecrusher

Southwick ma motox nationals this weekend!!!!!! Bringing the kid, she likes getting muddy, but will be bored by the time the main comes around. Oh well, it should satiate my need for burning race fuel. Pics will be posted! Anyone have a favorite??? Btw, there may be a Johnny Dowd sighting, he lives close by.

Southwick ma motox nationals this weekend!!!!!! Bringing the kid, she likes getting muddy, but will be bored by the time the main comes around. Oh well, it should satiate my need for burning race fuel. Pics will be posted! Anyone have a favorite??? Btw, there may be a Johnny Dowd sighting, he lives close by.

sounds like a great time!!! im going to get muddy myself, on my way to the northwoods of WI fri night for some shoot'n and four wheeling. im gonna be teasing my buddy the whole weekend because this spring he claimed he saw somthing in the woods he could only explain "looking like a big hairy man" at the edge of a tamerac swamp. i dont belive in bigfoot honestly but i have heard some crazy poop in those woods. ill have my camera inhand all weekend, maybe my pistol in the other:D

Saw Doug super motard race at road America, shortly after I thought I heard he was in a bad wreck? Maybe paralyzed? Can't remember, great guy I got his autograph on his poster super nice guy. Actually doesn't live to far from me.

Doug Henry(#19) is my all time favorite mx racer. <thumbsup> I got to meet John Dowd here in Florida, back in 2005 at a private track. It was awesome seeing him ripp at light speed even in the sugar sand.

Saw Doug super motard race at road America, shortly after I thought I heard he was in a bad wreck? Maybe paralyzed? Can't remember, great guy I got his autograph on his poster super nice guy. Actually doesn't live to far from me.

He broke his back in 1995, but he wasn't paralyzed.  He still raced after that.  <thumbsup>

Dowd is an animal.  That guy always did well at Southwick (and he should have).  On the circuit, there were very few guys that did well there.  Ricky Carmichael was one of them.  The sand...  :o

Oh man, Ricky on a kawi 2stroke wide open, half off, lapping every other person. I remember McGrath finally conversed his throne in a post race interview here before they reconfigured the track. Our sand here. It's a lot different than everywhere else, the whole valley here used to be underwater a long time ago.

This is just getting me pumped up.

The Southwick Sand is what made or broke most riders - very few could kick ass in sand like that.  Ricky was/is from Florida, and his backyard practice track has a metric poop-ton of sand, just for that reason.  <thumbsup>

For Dowdy, it's his home track - he always kicked ass there.  ;D

Yes!  <lmao> <thumbsup>

I have to be honest, haven't watched much this year, which may. Make more interesting. Who do we have for a favorite, sloppy Stewart or villapoto?

Villapoto is out, brother - didn't race the outdoors at all, from that injury at the Seattle SX.  Beat his knee up bad.  Hopefully, he's back for Supercross in time, and he probably will be.  Stewart is a complete badass, and there's nobody that can beat him - except himself.  He's doing alright on the Suzuki now, but...  only he can beat himself.  He's so damn fast, when he's up.  :o