• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Help...

blwn99x

I believe my upper is a factory BCM upper, I have had great service with rainier arms on my 308 parts, so i will call them. I have tried to contact BCM a few times about some of their uppers by no reply yet. I dont have a problem with spikes uppers, but if i am gonna get something nicer than what i have, spikes uppers are similar to many other manufacturers out there, and I know rainier has a product just like spikes and better. also i didnot use heat as the upper failed in the PB Blaster phase of work

I've used the MUR uppers (with FA) for all of the small platform builds I've done for myself. I've heard that the Rainier billit uppers are as good or better, but every time I start a new build, and pick up a new (different brand) lower, I do a test fit with one of my existing assembled MUR uppers, and the fit is always so good, I'm reluctant to order a different upper, that I have not tried. I've also heard that the Mega small platform uppers are excellent, and I've been ectremely happy with the fit of the MURs on the Mega lowers that I have. I have not assembled a gun using the Splkes upper or lower so can't say how the Mega or MUR would fit that, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the MUR, Mega or the Rainier upper, just not sure how good the fit will be on your Splkes lower, as I posted before, I think that if you call Rainier, they'll be able to answer that, and if I'm not mistaken, don't they offer all of those uppers?

:2nd:yes they do, the mur is not in stock at rainier currently, but on vltor's website it states the mur will fit most milspec lowers and my spikes along with many others i have seen here in florida(spikes shop in 90 mins away), the spikes lower always seems to have a good fit. I will double check with rainier, but I feel pretty certain that if I get the go ahead from Rainier the MUR will be the BCM replacement. I work all the gunshows with my buddies ammo business and sometimes nice stuff shows up at the show,which I can test fit right there, but never know who has what till I arrive, sure does make things nice