• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

TALO Edition Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Rem Mag

Para308

I decided to go retro.  Not sexy and tacticool but it will blow a sizeable hole in the target and contribute to an immense SCW.  Here is the model I bought, this one is not mine but you get the idea.  It is stainless steel and has a 3.75 inch barrel! wm_3762569.jpg  This picture does not do justice to how well built this massive frame is even with the short barrel.  You have to heft it to appreciate the balance and need to pull that hammer back and pull the trigger on a 240 grain Jacketed Hollow Point bullet travelling at 1300 to 1400 fps. Garrett makes some ammo with 310 grain bullets going at about 1300 fps.  I am getting this knife to go with it.  r-408-2.jpg

Ive got a 44 mag Vaquaro, and IMO the Blackhawk lends itself better to the caliber than the

Vaquaro does, although the Vaquaro, due to it's lighter weight, carrys and handles better. I've also got a Freedom Arms .454, so I know what your talking about with regards to the heft of these big revolvers. I find that the big SA's carry much more comfortably in a shoulder rig than a belt holster, if your planning too wear it for long periods of time. Of course I'm under 200 lbs, so your results may be different if your bigger.

I'd also be interested in the Randall. Is that a currantly produced knife?

I have a Bisley Blackhawk SS Convertible .45acp/.45 Colt with the 5.5" barrel.  You should be happy!

Now...more on the knife please!!

Jon

That knife is a Randall and is a special run for Chris Stanaback who is one of the premier dealers for Randall Made knives.  I am in the process of getting it now - the price is unbelievable and I will always get my money back if not more in future if I decide to sell it. 

It is a #14 with the grind for the saw teeth on the top but without the teeth.  It is sharpened 2/3 of the way on top.  I sent a jpg of it to Larry Vickers and he really likes the blade configuration.  The black micarta looks really good along with the nickle-silver, forward-swept double hilt and stainless steel blade.  I like the shape of the handle which helps to index the "correct" orientation of the knife in your hand.