• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Last time ever dealing with JD

Yamadawg

So yesterday I called the good ol' JD Machine number to check on my barrel that i dropped off 3 weeks ago to be cut down and have a KX3 pin and welded making a true 16" barrel.

WELL.....after 10 minutes on hold I began to get worried that something was wrong. Once the person on the other end got back to me he said "Sorry the new guy put your barrel in a box and stuck it in the back and no one knew about it, give us another 2 to 3 weeks for us to get more barrels in and we will get right on your"

UHM nope wasnt going to take that laying down, so I told them "After being at your shop for 3 weeks already and because of your mistake on your end, I the customer now have to wait longer to complete my build that is what you are telling me?" After that the man said he would give me a call back eiether that same day or the next, with what he could do for me. Ok fine I'll give this a shot.  Well no phone call and its close to end of business day the next day before the weekend.

I call back and get an answer "Yea man your barrel is cut but you are going to have to bring in the barrel nut before we pin and weld" I told the that was fine and that once I bring in the barrel nut how long the pin and weld process will take. He told me about an additional 2 to 3 weeks. I pretty much poop myself and yelled "for a pin and weld the turn around time is 2 to 3 weeks? What the hell is wrong with this picture?" All he had to say in return was "the pin and weld is very quick, its when we get around to doing your barrel we might take the time to do it in 2 to 3 weeks."

"Sir so after you guys forgetting about my barrel which would have never even been seen or started unless I, the customer called to check the status of it, and making 2 extra trips that I shouldnt have to do, and the money I've spent so far in JD parts and labor, not counting the numerous people ive sent to yoru shop and recommended you guys to them, you wont even push my barrel that should have been finished a week ago according to the paperwork, you wont even push that through to get it quicker to me?" And all I got back was "Nope".

So now I will wait who knows how long to have my barrel finished which is delaying of course my AR-10 build.

This is the last project I will allow JD to have and never again will recommend their products, simply for thier customer service for how long it took me to get my large logo upper from them and now this. Cant put my name behind them anymore, needless to say my hard earned cash.

Don't know how the conversation went on the phone with them, and I don't know if you spoke to the owner, but I would agree with you that, if the barrels already cut down and recrowned, it should not have been too much trouble for them to put someone on it for an hour to pin and weld it ASAP. I have not delt with them personally, and this may possibly be how they run their business routinely, but I've noticed that with the increased demand for all things gun related these days, some shops have forgotten about customer service. It's one thing to tell a customer that there is a delay due to the increase in demand, but it's another thing all together to show disregard for the customer when you were the one to screw up. Sorry for your frustration, hopefully you'll see it within a month.

Yea they treated me and my buddy right when we first when in there a few years back when we were building AR-15's. Well actually i shoudl say the guys we dealt with treated us right. This was just the last straw. Sucks to find another machine shop to do work with but I say if you cant provide customer service then whats the point in even dealing with you

FKG JD!!! Okay this IS the last straw!!!! For any build(s) I might do in the future it will be all MEGA receivers, or maybe even Seekins. JD end product is fine, real good I had no problem with quality and design, it's all about their CS. You just don't fornicate people like this. They make receivers for lots of name brands and cater to them 1st I imagine.  What time they have left goes into their own name is the way I see it. Sorry about this Yamadawg.

I tend to always try and give the benefit of the doubt, but that's enough right there for me to never deal with them, buy any product they produce, and to discourage my friends and acquaintances when they ask for opinions.  They apparently don't need my business.  I have received nothing but good information and CS from Jason at Mega, and from the guys at SI.  No reason to shop elsewhere.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  Good luck with getting your build complete.

Russ