• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Law Tactical Folding Stock Adaptor

98Z5V

I don't think base BATFE agents are the ones I worry about , its the Political ones that make asinine decisions . I have over the years ( not in the last ten ) have had very good relations with them & all helped with any questions I needed answered .

I was a , how can I say , Victim , of one of there scams to entrap me as a Class three dealer , back in , oh , 1980's . I was sent a select fire rifle from a Texas Dealer/manufacturer & in the box with it was a Sten gun , full auto , with the paper work for another dealer ( Tom's Gun Shop ) no kidding Tom . My buddy was there & said hay , lets shoot that sucker !  I said no way , I called the Manufacturer/Dealer & they said , oh sorry , we were wondering what happened to that order. I said tell the ATF its being mailed back with a signature for receipt , that day & I want the shipping for it . The dealer said they were sorry & to let them know what the shipping cost was , but I never requested it . 

Well low & behold , the next month, a Dealer in Cleveland , Ohio ( I was in the same area ) was arrested for receiving an un-regestered Title II weapon, guess what it was , yes , a Sten Gun . The Plain Dealer , told how the ATF was performing a Sting through out the Country . You have to understand , there was no Internet back then. It was slow to hit any Publications , I think it was mentioned in the Shot Gun News , which back then , if you were a dealer , it was  THE catalog to get monthly .

I know , you have to be a real dumb a$$ to keep anything like that or even think you would get away with it , but WTF , like as , at the time , you didn't have enough problems with Title II weapon sales .

I went to a Seminar in Cleveland , put on by the ATF ( its what we called it back then ) for all FFL dealers , well they had no answers to any Class III FFL's , none . I was one of three that were the only  Class III dealers there & all three of us were in the front row. Now you would think they would know there would be Class III  dealers there . So , you can see , nothing has changed . Its almost like , your on your own & if you screw up , its not our problem you didn't know .

Yes all this happened a long time ago , but I see no change today . If your an BATFE agent , I wouldn't take it personal , its who you work for . Hell, maybe the power people above may want it, that you are in the dark as far as laws & there interpretation.

I am not an ATF Agent, thank goodness <laughs> .  I do not take it personally.  I understand and respect your past experience with them.  I also understand that we are coming from two different places on this issue as well as the fact..... based on the time-frame described above....ahem..you may be slightly older than me.  

It's all good.