• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Law Tactical Folding Stock Adaptor

98Z5V

Fold ANY AR - Yes, any... 

http://www.lawtactical.com/

The Law Tactical Folding Stock Adaptor.  I found out about these about a month ago, and have had 2 on order since 5 Oct.  Law Tactical was in the process of making more, with the parts updated on their website "Shipping October 15th..."

Once 15 Oct came, the website was updated with a new Gen 2 device, but no info on what I'd ordered.  The Gen 2s were set to ship 7 Nov...  Phonecall in order, here.  Left  message on 16 Oct, which was returned on 18 Oct.  Very nice people to talk to, and a list of the 5 major upgrades was gladly shared.  In addition, all the people that ordered the originals would have the Gen 2s shipped at the previous sale price, and they would ship before the rest of the Gen 2 release date - cool!  <thumbsup>

Without further ado, here it is, on the 7.5" pistol:

Before OAL:

100_0559.jpg

100_0560.jpg

100_0561.jpg

100_0562.jpg

100_0563.jpg

I know the closed length, because you told me, but you haven't posted the closed length of the two rifles yet.

Nevermind.... found it (on another thread)

Numbers. 

The 11.5" pistol is 21 3/4" folded, and 29 1/8" unfolded, in firing position.

The 7.5" pistol is 19" folded, and 26 3/8" unfolded, in firing position.

The 7.5" could be even shorter, without the KX3 on it, and a standard (shorter) f/h on there. It's one concussive bastard with anything but the KX3 on it, though.

I like it.... Now go shoot it!

How does the "fit" feel? Wobble? Weak points?

How fast does it stow? How fast to deploy? Does it stay folded well?

How much does the BCG insert weigh?

I know the closed length, because you told me, but you haven't posted the closed length of the two rifles yet.

Holy poop, brother, take your Ritalin already!  <lmao>

I did post the lengths - just in the other thread.  You know, the one that deals with two pistolas...  <laughs>  <thumbsup>

Numbers. 

The 11.5" pistol is 21 3/4" folded, and 29 1/8" unfolded, in firing position.

The 7.5" pistol is 19" folded, and 26 3/8" unfolded, in firing position.

The 7.5" could be even shorter, without the KX3 on it, and a standard (shorter) f/h on there. It's one concussive bastard with anything but the KX3 on it, though.

Zero wobble or weak points - when locked, it's just as solid as if it was just a receiver extension in a lower.  Good to go. 

Insert weight - hell, I don't know.  It's steel, and heavy.  On the chance that it'll work like the CWS, I tossed the H2 buffer into the 7.5", with this insert.  Bet she locks back on one round, just like it did with the heavy CWS and H buffer.  I have my fingers crossed. 

Folding nd unfolding - locks open, so to fold it, you just push the release, and it folds right over.  It's held in the folded position by a polymer ball detent, which is adjustable via set screw on spring pressure.  You can set how hard you want it held closed, but that also impacts how fast (easy) you can flip it to the locked position...  It does a good job.  It's pretty fast, in both directions.  <thumbsup>

For others reading this - you CANNOT fire an AR, with this adaptor, in the folded position.  Think about it...  You'd be in the ER having a BCG extracted from your shoulder.  This device is for transportaion, concealment, and other types of space constraints. 

• 1 year later...

Pimp this thing.  Gen III is on the way. 

My original order was for Gen I, when introduced.  They devised Gen II during my order, and I received some of the first Gen II adapters.  Gen III looks damn good.

Here's what it really excels at, and the very reason for it's being:

Here's the Hazard4 Plan B pack - this is what I always have on me whilst riding the GSX-R2000.   Quite the surprise as to what it can contain, yeah?

7.5" AR, folded.

Yes, that fucking wall is OD, and the carpet is FDE - I have other FDE walls in the house to make up for that OD wall...  :fawkdance:

post-7-0-62584600-1411459784_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-95707200-1411459798_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-22970200-1411459812_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-41180800-1411459825_thumb.jpg

That's considered a Pistol , correct ? Now by making it folding , are you making it a stock , because it can be folded ?  If the BATFE concludes it being a stock , then you have an unregistered short barreled rifle  & that ,will get you in trouble .

I would not want to be the ginny pig on that one .

That's considered a Pistol , correct ? Now by making it folding , are you making it a stock , because it can be folded ?  If the BATFE concludes it being a stock , then you have an unregistered short barreled rifle  & that ,will get you in trouble .

I would not want to be the ginny pig on that one .

Still a pistol.  

Still a pistol.  

How many pistols do you see with a folding support ?  Didn't the BATFE make a big deal about the stock attachments on pistols , saying that made them a rifle with a short barrel , not too long ago ? Like on a Luger pistol.

I have had enough interaction with the BATFE over the years , not to trust the powers to be ,to make an example of some equipment . There has been plenty of examples of them doing so, for no reason.

Every component is Cool until they set there sights on that particular component .

How many pistols do you see with a folding support ? Didn't the BATFE make a big deal about the stock attachments on pistols , saying that made them a rifle with a short barrel , not too long ago ? Like on a Luger pistol.

I have had enough interaction with the BATFE over the years , not to trust the powers to be ,to make an example of some equipment . There has been plenty of examples of them doing so, for no reason.

Every component is Cool until they set there sights on that particular component .

I understand your concern, but the AR receiver extension is part of the platform whether a stock is on it or not, which makes it unique in the pistol/rifle stock realm, which the BATFE recognizes and has produced some favorable FTB rulings as of late, even under the current administration.  This unit is merely an adapter and doesn't change the classification of the weapon.

I certainly don't want to get into a legal debate with anyone because they typically spiral out of control with unsupported data regarding criminal prosecutions or instances where the classification of the weapon was ancillary to the weapon classification.

I will say that I would be comfortable using one of these with a sig brace/saddle and do not see where it violates the law as written. 

Edited by StainTrain

Famous last words for just about everyone prosecuted by the BATF & your right , I don't have any facts , just experience in what they can change at a moments notice .  I just think you have to watch what you change or alter on any firearm , you can say by dealing with them for so long , I'm kinda , Gun shy !  <laughs>

We need a "head-up-tha-ass" emoticon for BATF conversations.

I've seen three different agents give four different instructions on how to fill out 4473s.  One said black ink only or the form is invalid, while the other said blue ink only.  Going to a different retail location, they had been instructed black ink only and to have the customer sign everywhere on the form where there was a "purchaser signature" line.

Phukin' ridiculous.

Famous last words for just about everyone prosecuted by the BATF & your right , I don't have any facts , just experience in what they can change at a moments notice .  I just think you have to watch what you change or alter on any firearm , you can say by dealing with them for so long , I'm kinda , Gun shy !  <laughs>

I certainly didn't mean to imply you were lacking facts.  It was more a general commentary on internet lore of all these NFA prosecutions that never occurred or for the ones that did occur....were an additional charge as part of an larger criminal prosecution.  That is not to say that NFA type cases do not exist, they certainly do, but typically not as a result from a FTB ruling.  I think a Federal Prosecutor would be reluctant to build a case on a ruling/reversal/violation type scenario.  Of course, stranger things have happened, but keep in mind, much of what is debated is a scenario where a citizen, not predisposed to criminal activity, knowingly and willfully possessed/constructed an NFA firearm in violation of law....I would argue that is a tough standard.  

I understand that many opinions and views are shaped through experiences as dealers, which has no doubt causes tremendous resentment towards the BATFE (rightfully so in many case.  Jon nailed it when he stated that you will get numerous different answers from as many different agents. It is frustrating even for those that are not FFLs, but highlights that Federal Firearms Laws are (or at least can be) as complicated as the tax code.

Edited by StainTrain