• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My story about Sig customer service.

cnetter

I asked a posted on sigtalk.com and a member told me that there's a pin that holds the ejector on the bolt.  after some research, i used a 1/16 punch and knocked out the damaged crush pin.

On November 12, i contacted Sig Customer service about the broken part.  and i was told that they will mail it to me.  On November 19, i called them again and pointed out i never got a tracking number for the part.  The rep told me that it was mailed via USPS and i should have it soon.  Well, today, November 27 and nothing from SIG in the mail...  May i ask if this is standard operational practice in this industry?

Luckily, i ordered a 60cent part + $7 S&H from armalite.com and it arrived in 2days.  I do love the SIG716.  It shoots everything i feed it.  Their customer service? 2 thumbs down...

post-2543-136297286202_thumb.jpg

post-2543-136297286206_thumb.jpg

post-2543-136297286211_thumb.jpg

You will find that some manufacturers will be far more responsive, some are very busy but will respond, and some don't care cause they are making dough. Where Sig falls I don't know.

I am in Mass, and many of my friends in law enforcement have taken their armorer's course in their NH facility, and were very disappointed with the way the class was run. My same friends and I took the Glock course and were very happy. Comparitively they said it was like it was read out of a book, with no practical experience from the instructors, questions could not be answered, ect….

How this can be related to your experience I don't know, but….

Glad it worked out brother,just got a Sig 1911 and haven't tried it yet cause of shoulder repaire.Was looking on you tube and people responces to Sig cust. service on products pistols and rifles was mixed.Some of the guys especially one with the Sig Scorpion 1911 was a nob that seem like he wanted free mags cause he had a mag related issue and was shotting poop ammo.Though for $900.00 bucks you would think it would eat anything <dontknow>.But I only feed my firearms brass so as not to have problems but thats me.

Glad it worked out brother,just got a Sig 1911 and haven't tried it yet cause of shoulder repaire.

<coffcoffbullshitcoffcoffcoff>  <laughs>

Hell brother, you had at LEAST half the board offer to shoot that for you AND break it in too!  For FREE!! 

Some of them even undercut my bid, said they would provide their OWN ammo!  <lmao>

Get better bro!

Jon

:laughing4:  <lmao> I knew once out of my hands it would have been :fawkdance: good luck getting it back :strokin: this weekend bro going to shoot the damn thing.Everyone can still send .45 ACP ammo here though and I'll make sure it doesn't spoil ::).Therapy is kicking my ass now told them to give me concentrated session cause my insurance will run out Jan. because of hours.Don't even want to play with firearms while under the influence of hydrocodone. :cookoo:

I do love the SIG716.  Problem is, the amount of detailed information on the internet is limited.  I usually need to cross reference other AR-10 details to my rifle.  Actually, this is how i stubled upon the 308ar.com community.

On the day my problem occured, i did buy parts from http://www.armalite.com/Categories2.aspx?Category=b8fe2ba8-6628-4e66-849b-8926dc5990b1 they arrived 3 days later and my rifle was already up and running.  60cent item, $8S&H!!! lol 

Sig originally wanted me to ship the whole rifle back for repairs....