• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ArmaLite magazines

This was just sent to me about magazine sales...

HQ ArmaLite

December 17, 2012

As a result of the recent school tragedy and comments by national level politicians, ArmaLite has been besieged by a huge influx of orders for rifle and pistol magazines.  This level of orders, if accepted, would immediately deplete our supplies and block rifle and pistol shipments.

ArmaLite is reacting with a logical series of actions intended to support both production and customers.

1. We continue to accept all orders, but have halted bulk sales of magazines until the situation stabilizes and supplies build up.  The long-running sale on 5 packs is simply not sustainable so we’re selling individual magazines.  Bulk magazine orders will be accepted but held until supplies allow us to ship.  We do not know when the situation will ease.

2. We have set a limit of 2 magazines over 10 rounds for retail customers.  Supplies of 25 round magazines are better than supplies of 20 round magazines at the moment.

3. We are supporting distributors and dealers as supplies allow, with a focus on providing magazines for rifles actually on hand.

4. We are attempting to pull in supplies to satisfy customer needs as much as possible, but production leadtimes tend to be around 4 months and relief will therefore not be fast.

We have received a number of large orders from apparent speculators hoping to “corner the market” on ArmaLite magazines.  We are not accepting these orders but rather are focused on supplying individual owners and our dealers/distributors.

If and when the situation eases we recommend that owners re-evaluate their magazine supplies and establish sufficient supplies that they will not be caught by future supply limitations.  It’s especially important to assure that a good basic supply of magazines is on hand for each firearm owned rather than maintaining a small pool to use with a large collection.

The situation today is very fluid, and is certainly subject to change.  There is absolutely no way to please everybody, but we’re trying to be fair.  ArmaLite will keep you informed as the situation develops.

This makes sense. I'm not surprised that they've been swamped. And I can't say that I blame them for limiting individual sales to make sure that they have enough for currrent production rifles.

But, that being said.........I've been buying the 5-packs of mags, on and off, for the last couple of years. And times like these is why I'm glad that I did.