• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Newbie with new toy on the way.

Robert Gunter

Well would like some advice. I wanted a long range gun, all my prior experience has been with ar-15s with 16 and shorter barrels. I have always liked the Ar-10 but have never owned one ( I do own a Sig 716 but don't really look toward it as a Ar-10. So I did some searching and liked what I heard about JP Rifles. I have ordered (well put in the request waiting to hear from them) the LRB-07 with the 22inch barrel. Well I was wondering is the 22in barrel a over kill should I shoot for a 20? Also what kind of optics do you recommend? 

Welcome to the fun house Robert. Technically, they're all built on the AR platform. A real "AR-10" is made by Armalite. The AR-10 name is trademarked. Others are 308-AR. But that's where we get back to the "AR" platform. They all work very similar (as far as mechanical design and function), with the main difference being a gas or piston operated design.

The Sig name is known for quality. JP is quality too.

Long story short. This whole platform is totally customizable. You can change damn near any aspect of it that you want to. Throw on add-ons, a little or alot....or leave em stock. You're only limited to how much of your wallet you wanna throw at it. And as all the other guys are bound to say...........it won't be your last one. Yeah.....it's an addiction this platform. Look around......come up with a budget number that you're comfortable with....and move forward with the idea that you like.

Skies the limit my man