• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bushmaster Adds 308 Win Chambering to Carbine Line-Up

imschur

Windham, ME - Bushmaster's offering of a 308 chambered carbine is another step in the continuing evolution of the AR platform and an exciting addition to the growing line of Bushmaster AR-15 style rifles. The Bushmaster 308 ORC (Optics Ready Carbine) in the venerable 308 Win chambering provides law enforcement agencies with additional firepower and longer range capabilities.

The ORC comes from the factory with two ½-inch scope riser blocks for the shooter that wishes to mount an aftermarket optic to this 308 powerhouse. The riser blocks, which are mounted to the receiver length Picatinny optics rail, provide enough clearance above the upper receiver so the natural cheek weld aligns the shooter's eye directly behind his chosen optic.

This heavy-hitting, mid-range carbine comes with midlength gas system and a milled gas block that is mounted to a heavy-profile, 16-inch 4150 Chrom-Moly Vanadium chrome lined barrel and chamber which is capped with an A2 style birdcage flash hider. The heavy oval hand guards are heat-shielded and a six-position telescoping stock gives up to 4 inches of adjustment for the length of pull.

The Bushmaster 308 ORC is shipped with a lockable hard case, operator's safety manual, yellow safety block and black web sling. Bushmaster's one year warranty is included. Please visit our website at www.bushmaster.com for complete specifications on the ORC and other Bushmaster rifles.

Model :Bushmaster 308 ORC #90702

Caliber 308 WIN / 7.62 NATO

Capacity 20 Round

Action Gas Operated Semi-Auto

Stock 6 Position telescoping butt Stock

Barrel 16 inch

Twist Rate 1 in 10

Sights Two ½-inch scope riser blocks

Length 33.25-37.25 inches

Weight 7.75 lbs.

MSRP $1395.00

• 1 month later...

i actually purchased one of these at my local sportsmans wharehouse last weekend because it was red tagged for $750!! thing shoots great and reliably accurate. had a couple 1.5" groups at 100 yards with surplus british ammo. that is with the addition of a nikon monarch 4x12. only gripe is the gas block with there "milled" style, would be nicer with picitanny rail for backup irons to be mounted easier. just my opinion though.

You would be an AC-130 if you could do that...  <lmao> <laughs>

ac-130-dll.jpg

hahahaha    who said i wasn't.....hahaha

well here are some pics, sorry they are not too quality, just off of the Iphone.

iphonepictures188.jpg

[img width=810 height=605]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p357/ryantowry_81/iphonepictures193.jpg

[img width=810 height=605]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p357/ryantowry_81/iphonepictures192.jpg

[img width=810 height=605]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p357/ryantowry_81/iphonepictures191.jpg

[img width=810 height=605]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p357/ryantowry_81/iphonepictures190.jpg

[img width=810 height=605]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p357/ryantowry_81/iphonepictures189.jpg

you can see i already added a houge and went to the local shop an dpicked up a foctory DPMS mag he had laying around for 20 bucks and a beer(long story)

plans so far are a FSC30 break and a bipod and then go see what i can kill with it be it targets or coyotes/bear/moose/sheep/liberals......

i will get some grouping pictures with some factory stuff here soon and hopefully over winter with some hand loads.

on another note i am a rookie when it comes to black rifles as this is my first to own but i have shot my fair share and this gun has a very nice trigger for a 800 dollar bushmaster, by that it is very crisp with little to no noticeable creep and was half the weight of both of my friends stock RRA and stag ar-15 triggers. i was expecting soemthing alot more like my polytech m-14 trigger not something as nice as came in this bushmaster.

i know i would get stoned in some circles for this statement but i am actually selling the m-14 in favor of this gun..........i mean it is lighter, shorter, more accurate, mags are the same price and size, and there are more parts and options available for modification. i mean as a hunter the length and weight is the biggest selling point especially for my wife, she liked shooting this alot better than the m-14.

Wow!  That is one screamin' great deal for $750, man.  Very nice score!  <thumbsup>

thanks, i was pretty happy walking out with the rifle scope and range finder for the origional MSRP of the rifle itself. i was actually just there to get some ammo and walked out with alot more than the wife thought i would...hahaha

• 1 month later...

I gotta chime in here also . . . I went to Sportsman's Warehouse here in Anchorage the other day, looking for a 45/70 Lever Action . . . I saw this Bushmaster .308 ORC marked down to $799 . . . and with my military discount it was $759 . . . couldn't resist.  Took it out and shot it the next day . . . very nice shooting gun. 

I gotta chime in here also . . . I went to Sportsman's Warehouse here in Anchorage the other day, looking for a 45/70 Lever Action . . . I saw this Bushmaster .308 ORC marked down to $799 . . . and with my military discount it was $759 . . . couldn't resist.  Took it out and shot it the next day . . . very nice shooting gun.

good to see another alaskan on here! PM me if you ever want to go shoot, i am out in palmer by the fairgrounds.

I was in sportsmans  in wasilla and noticed they had more for sale out there for the same price as of last weekend if you know anyone else looking! i dont know how they get away with it!

I am glad i am not the only one that prizes weight and accuracy over the fact that it is a newer design. I have actually had a couple die hard m14 guys shoot my rifle since getting it and they have all been shocked by the weight ease of shooting and accuracy mine has compared to the  21" rm14 and the socom. My rifle has out shot both ( non national match models to be fair)