• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

have a question about buffers 5.56

Magwa

Ok I am dense But I got it ... the stock is what determines the spring and buffer not the upper I was confused by all the buffer switching going on with Ar10's trying to get them to cycle correctly I will swap them out today and shoot them thanks

Ok I am dense But I got it ... the stock is what determines the spring and buffer not the upper I was confused by all the buffer switching going on with Ar10's trying to get them to cycle correctly I will swap them out today and shoot them thanks

Good, swap and shoot. Like Imschur said, the buffer and spring only are related to the stock being used.

To clarify on the 308's, wapping out for heavier buffers will help with over gassed rifles to slow the cyclic rate down, helping with proper cycling.

To clarify on the 308's, wapping out for heavier buffers will help with over gassed rifles to slow the cyclic rate down, helping with proper cycling.

To muddy the waters here...  <lmao>

Same thing is true on the 5.56 guns.  Collapsible stocks.  Carbine receiver extensions.  That's why we have standard (weighted) buffers, H buffers, H2 buffers, and H3 buffers - for the 5.56 guns with carbine receiver extensions.