• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New York Sheriff's response to NY SAFE Act

Pappy1600

"Sheriffs understand their Constitutional obligations and the concerns of constituents Sheriffs and other law enforcement officers are not called upon by this new legislation to go door‐to‐door to confiscate any weapons newly classified as assault weapons, and will not do so.

Sheriffs represent all the people, and we take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York. Sheriffs will continue to enforce all laws of the state and will protect the rights of all citizens, including those rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York. "

<thumbsup> <thumbsup> <thumbsup> <thumbsup>

if we could seperate NYC from the rest of the State the rest of us would be much happier... People hear "New York" and first thing that comes to their mind is NYC, NYC is only a small part of New York and the most liberal to boot, the majority of the rest of New York  (Upstate) are being held hostage by the liberal vote of NYC and some of the larger cities in the state.  Glad to see that our Sheriffs are on the peoples side of the fence.

I spent decades of weekends and vacations shooting, snowmobiling etc at my parents in Malone and Owls Head NY just north of the Adirondacks. A lot of good people with old fashioned values. A very large population of hunters. This is also where I ran in to a lot of anti AR15 sentiment from hunters. Sounds like these folks are waking up.

I always thought one day i might return there to live. Now a lot would have to change for that to happen.

This story pleases me.