• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Which Giessele?

NoFail

^^^ I have an opposite opinion here.

The S3G/SD3G is an incredibly fast trigger, with short reset. It's definitely a huge upgrade over any milspec standard trigger, by far. Very far.

The ALG ACT is a very good improvement on a milspec standard trigger.

The Geissele 2-stage triggers are excellent in the stage separation, anf function. I'd go SSA-E over SSA, due to the 1lb combined reduction in trigger pull weights, one versus the other.

The G Hi Speed I have is the desgnated marksman. I love that thing, so far, but need to get it through a long range session, with pull adjustments, to determine what combo/settings I'll prefer.

To me, the 308 SR Gold fits into the mix right between the SSA, and SSA-E. I'd buy the SR Gold over the SSA, but it would be a tough call to buy it over the SSA-E. If it's between the two, though, you can't make a bad decision.

I would not buy the RRA 2-stage, and expect it to be a long-term trigger. Too many reports out there of it going soft, losing it's stages, and becoming an expensive single stage. If you're at that price point, buy the Armalite National Match. It'll stand up to the abuse.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my RRA 2-stage, but I have only had it for about 4 years now and only fired probably 4k rounds though it.  If it ever fails and becomes a single stage I'll try to warranty it but it seems like a good value for the money to me.  

I sent my CCMG 2-stage back to be modified, it is still way way stiffer than the RRA, but I haven't actually fired it yet, its about the same trigger pull as a mil spec....  

I think I paid about $60-$80 for the RRA 2-stage since it came with my parts kit and IMO it is a good value.  No it is not as nice as the SR-gold but I could buy several of them for the same price too.  When I purchased the RRA trigger  I was aware that some day it might have problems, but most of the posts online seem to be about people asking questions about the "problem" rather than experiencing it.  I'm sure it will eventually wear out but so far it has been great, and I wouldn't hesitate to get another.  I expect my barrel will get replaced before the trigger.

Edited by Justintoxicated

Read the links brother,interesting.One mention was to long of a grip screw,the others in LPK were pan head and a pain to put on [for me] so I went to Lowes for sockethead 1/4-28 of the same lenght.Yes I did have the trigger polished with a stone.Knowing what I know now I won't be doing that again.I have 3K+ through my Coyote with no problems and less than 700 trough Ripper.I'll run what I got and put that part on the list for the future.Just finnally got some grease [firearm] from Cabela's and will use it with the CLP I use as my MO.Thanks for the 411.Definetly like the ACT trigger better that RRA single stage. <thumbsup>