Current prices aren't going to even build a .308 for under $2k

Receiver Set: $600+

BCG: $300

Stock Assembly: $300

LPK: $125

Sights: $125

Barrel Assembly: $400

Handguard: $200

And that's assuming you can find the parts. I don't want to be the harbinger of bad news, but sitting on your hands till now to buy a 308AR is going to cost you. If you want a realistic price, double your available budget. I'm seeing bare-bones/nothing-special rifles selling for $3k. The same rifles that were bought for $1200 last year are at a 200% mark up.

$1500 might buy you someone's unfinished project, who is just looking for a way out of the backorder nightmare.

Current prices aren't going to even build a .308 for under $2k

Receiver Set: $600+

BCG: $300

Stock Assembly: $300

LPK: $125

Sights: $125

Barrel Assembly: $400

Handguard: $200

And that's assuming you can find the parts. I don't want to be the harbinger of bad news, but sitting on your hands till now to buy a 308AR is going to cost you. If you want a realistic price, double your available budget. I'm seeing bare-bones/nothing-special rifles selling for $3k. The same rifles that were bought for $1200 last year are at a 200% mark up.

$1500 might buy you someone's unfinished project, who is just looking for a way out of the backorder nightmare.

i actually have a deal in works as of today for a armalite ar10 for 1800. i am thinking this may work out fine. thanks for your input though. i have a guide for upgrades with that list. i would ideally like to mod up to a sass before i am done.