• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New Rifle Project Opinions

jselsor

Hello all, new guy to the forum and doing my first 308 on AR platform! Here is what I am thinking, any comments or opinions are appreciated!

Lar-8 Varmint 26'' barrel

Cut barrel to 21 and install muzzle break (would have ordered 20" rifle but my dealer had a 26 on order already)

Vortex viper 4-16-50 MOA

burris one peice mount??? thoughts comments here. Should I just use rings or one peice?

Mag pul PPS stock

Hello all, new guy to the forum and doing my first 308 on AR platform! Here is what I am thinking, any comments or opinions are appreciated!

Lar-8 Varmint 26'' barrel

Cut barrel to 21 and install muzzle break (would have ordered 20" rifle but my dealer had a 26 on order already)

Vortex viper 4-16-50 MOA

burris one peice mount??? thoughts comments here. Should I just use rings or one peice?

Mag pul PPS stock

Do you have a rifle currently or a set of receivers? The reason I ask is because the large platform rifle doesn't always have compatible parts, and the RRA is a proprietary platform. Oh, and I think you meant the PRS stock. I like one like scope mounts.

I have the same scope on my Freedom Machine (20"), in a GG&G one-piece base/rings setup.  It is the only way to go!

I would've gone with the Bobro so popular around here, but I got the triple G on clearance for $142.

I also installed the MagPul PRS on Freedom Machine.  You WILL need a buttstock extender kit to clear the charging handle.  You will ALSO need to go get either a button head or hex head 1/4-28 x 2.1" screw to attach it.  The screws with the extender is too short or too long, and the wrong type head.

You will then need to vent it by drilling a hole down the center axis of the screw or a slot running the length of it.  Non-vented makes just enough back pressure to cause FTEs very often.

Jon

I have the same scope on my Freedom Machine (20"), in a GG&G one-piece base/rings setup.  It is the only way to go!

I would've gone with the Bobro so popular around here, but I got the triple G on clearance for $142.

I also installed the MagPul PRS on Freedom Machine.  You WILL need a buttstock extender kit to clear the charging handle.  You will ALSO need to go get either a button head or hex head 1/4-28 x 2.1" screw to attach it.  The screws with the extender is too short or too long, and the wrong type head.

You will then need to vent it by drilling a hole down the center axis of the screw or a slot running the length of it.  Non-vented makes just enough back pressure to cause FTEs very often.

Jon

WOW, I new about the extension option but did not know the other details in ref to the screw!    tks