• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Given pre-nonsense pricing, how cheap could you build a 300 blk?

EasyEJL

I had been toying with the idea before the craziness of a $70 polymer lower, used cheap upper (gun shows have them around here in the $100 range for either a3 or carry handle), plain buffer, probably MOE stock + forearm before Newtown. Wasn't sure who had the lowest prices on barrels though. I figured I could slap something together for not too much more than $700 though, not counting optics. I don't have the money to do that now given the plunge into the 308, but i'm considering it for later this year/next year if prices + availability come back around to reality.

I had been toying with the idea before the craziness of a $70 polymer lower, used cheap upper (gun shows have them around here in the $100 range for either a3 or carry handle), plain buffer, probably MOE stock + forearm before Newtown. Wasn't sure who had the lowest prices on barrels though. I figured I could slap something together for not too much more than $700 though, not counting optics. I don't have the money to do that now given the plunge into the 308, but i'm considering it for later this year/next year if prices + availability come back around to reality.

It can be done, but I still don't trust those polymer lowers. To many people experiencing failures. The only thing I would use one for would be a dedicated 22lr training rifle, but that's just me

$150-200 barrel,

$150-200 BCG,

$20 FSB,

$20 delta ring & nut,

$15 A2 FH & crush washer,

$2 hand guard cap,

$100 upper receiver,

$10 charge handle,

$20-$30 carry handle rear sight,

$5 handguard,

$130 lower receiver,

$60 lpk,

$55 buffer, tube, spring, castle but, end plate & m4 stock,

$16 magazine,

$2-5 misc pins

Edited by Goofball310

EasyE, I'll let you know when mine is finished.  I'll add up the completed lower (already in-hand), and the barrel components (also in-hand), and post that up sometime today.  Still need to get the rest of the upper completed.