• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BAD ASS Ambidextrous Safety Selector

imschur

On the one BAD-ASS that I've got, I set it up with the regular (long) fat lever on the left side, and the short fat lever on the right side - completely out of the way of my right-handed trigger finger.  <thumbsup>  I'll be you an take a little off that lever you have, and you'd be fine. 

• 1 year later...

My BAD-A.S.S. came in the mail today.  Installed it tonight.  Instructions with the device seemed short critical information.  Went to the Internet (How to install BAD. .  . ?) and there was everything (almost) I could wish for.

While fitting the safety selector I modified my CAA grip.  The Assembly Pin Detent Spring is a PITA when reinstalling that grip.  Drilled a 3/32 hole (Whoops!  Way too deep!;  tried it anyway and think the assembly pin was not tight enough; found a soda straw in the trash,  cut and rolled a little plug of that plastic and pushed it into the hole;  End result a hole 3/32 dia,  3/32 deep.) to make a seat for the spring.  Works beautifully.  Get the grip part way into place,  push the end of the spring into the seat,  it all stays in place while completing assembly of the grip.  Assembly pin & detent hardly know the difference.

I have four of these now. Three short throws (one in stainless steel) and one regular. I even bought two crank levers for my main shooters. I know a few guys who have bought more than me.

My last batch were a little tighter than expected. I had to polish the detent pin and round off the tip a bit. At first it was a real PITA to switch. Now it flips real easy.

The BADASS unit is an addiction after the first touch. Make sure you post your review on Brownells.com

The new detent pin looks just like the OEM one.  It was difficult to move for a few throws but is working more smoothly very quickly.  I am trying to go to the range next week;  sometimes these plans go down the tubes?  Will post to Brownell's after some live fire time,  real use of the device.