• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Scope suggestion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am also looking for some optics for my new DPMS RECON .308

Looking for something I can use for both close quarter and medium/long range

I understand that you must compromise when you want your equipment to do it all.

Money is also a consideration.

I was looking at a scope from Burris called the skultac. It is a scope with a red dot mounted on top of it.

Any opinions suggestions.

Man... you guys certainly have the patience with waiting for your nice NF optics.

@Kiltedcowboy - look into the Vortex scopes. Pretty nice scopes for the money. You can always add a micro red dot to any scope using a scope mount adaptor. I used a weaver adaptor to mount my Burris Fastfire III

post-14035-0-34339500-1380343516_thumb.j
Edited by shibiwan

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up a Horus Vision 4-16 with the H-59 reticle LOOOVE it. I loved my vortex but for literally the same price I got some glass that had the same power and as clear or clearer picture AND a reticle that blows anything I have ever used right out of the water.  

If you can take the time to get used to the reticle and see exactly how much easier it makes distance shooting you will never go back.

I bought the companies scope because I didn't have the money for something better BUT if you like ANY of Horus Visions reticles they do come in some NF, S&B, and many other big name optics!! Definitely check them out!!!

Edited by Atakachafa

I picked up a Horus Vision 4-16 with the H-59 reticle LOOOVE it. I loved my vortex but for literally the same price I got some glass that had the same power and as clear or clearer picture AND a reticle that blows anything I have ever used right out of the water.  

If you can take the time to get used to the reticle and see exactly how much easier it makes distance shooting you will never go back.

I have a Leupy MK6 with the H-58 and I agree that it's a great reticle. It does seem daunting at first (Bubbasks said, "Damn, you got enough lines in there?"), but makes holdovers easy.