• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Fulton Armory Barrel Review

phunk

I built a rifle using the Fulton Armory 18.5", .308, 1x10, Stainless Barrel.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/barrelfatitan185nmmedss1x10936gasblock.aspx

2 weeks ago I finally got to try it out.

I did not follow any break-in procedure. Weather was great, about 74 degrees and light gusts of wind.

Using Remington UMC 150g my group size was 3/4" at 100 yards, level of effort probably about 70%. This group was from the end of my scope sight-in and I think I could have done better. (orange target in attached picture)

For final sight-in, I moved to Federal GMM 168g. I gave one group my best effort but I had a flyer that I called. 2 of the shots are in the same hole at the top of the bullseye, and my flyer was 5/8" out. (black target in attached picture)

Next time out I will click the scope down 1 more elevation and I think this rifle is dialed in. I think this is a .5 MOA barrel, maybe better? I am going to try and get to the 600 yard range here very soon.

A $325 barrel? Really? I am pretty happy. Now I just have to learn to take REAL good care of this barrel. Now that I have a tack driver, I want it to stay that way.

I mean... my Sig 16" AR15 groups 1" at 100 yards using an Eotech and 3x magnifier, which isnt the easiest to aim at that range. I guess I was just expecting that sub-MOA in a 308 barrel was going to cost twice as much as it did.

post-13688-0-15902100-1376606393_thumb.j

post-13688-0-65295100-1376606399_thumb.j

Edited by phunk

• 9 months later...

Love my FA 18.5" barrel.  On;y issue I've had was that M118LR won't function in it, it's too long and caused primer piercing.  I switched to M852 and had no issues.  Barrel is a tack driver.

M118LR is loaded the same as other loads - not sure what's going on with your barrel, there.  M118LR is still loaded to max mag length.