• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Modified UZI Mags for your 9mmAR

98Z5V

Picked up a bunch of these surplus Uzi mags over the winter.  Didn't get around to modifying them until about a month ago.  Super easy process.  I cut the first one all the way - all cuts - and checked fitment.  Once I verified the template, I used "assembly line processing" on the other 9 mags.  Measure everything, mark it, make one (the same) cut on all the mags.  All in all, the first one took me about an hour, but then the rest probably ate up about 15 minutes each.

These were brand new surplus mags, never used, so I had to fully disassemble them all and clean them thoroughly - cosmoline EVERYWHERE, PACKED IN.  I did NOT include that amount of time in the modification time listed above.

Pics of the mags, then the template posted below.  Enjoy, and go build another AR!  <laughs>  <lmao>

100_1065_zps8a82cf87.jpg

100_1066_zpsf7208499.jpg

post-7-0-45037400-1380503745_thumb.jpg

post-7-0-85827200-1380503759_thumb.jpg

Dremel.  Heavy duty cutoff wheels for the lines, chainsaw sharpening bits to debur the edges and make the small radius cut for the mag catch, and larger round stones for the big radius on the back ridge.  Went pretty damn quick once I was on a roll. 

I also put this one in the wrong place - I meant to stick it in the Black Rifles section, not here.  Can you move it for me?

EDIT - digital caliper to measure off the lines, and the sharp points on it to scribe those lines.

Edited by 98Z5V

Not that I've been able to find, brother - thanks for moving this, too.  :happydrunks:

Before all the nuttiness in December, American Spirit Arms offered a machining service to machine cut your Uzi mags for you.  Ship them to them, have them cut, pay nominal fee, get them shipped right back to you.  Honestly, I figured I try to cut one, it would suck, and I'd contact ASA and ship the rest (or just drive them over to them).  The first one turned out to be no big deal, so I chopped the rest.  It's not a bad process at all. 

Set up digital caliper for one measurement, lock it down, scribe all mags that will be cut.  Set up digital caliper for next measurement, lock it down, scribe mags for second cut, yada yada yada. It went quick, brother.  <thumbsup>