• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Guns & Ammo

sketch

I picked up the magazine & read the article & I don't know what AR 308's they are used to shooting , but both of mine will eat any ammo I put in them . I do agree these type rifles can be picky , if ,the improper components are used , but that will be the case with any semi auto fed rifle .

I will say that I have a CMMG lowered build that just will not feed reliably with Magpul P-Mags , but works with steel mags., so I guess that would put it in the picky category they speak of, I guess . The rifle still will shoot any thing I have put through it with the steel mag.'s , so I don't know where they refer to these AR 308's as finicky . 

P-Mags were not made or available when the CMMG lower was produced , so ya can't blame them or Magpul . Just one of those non mil spec production items that all ,but maybe Armilite , will have to put up with. (That is unless you use non Amilite components )

It was interesting on the subject how Black Hills went through the process of making a more efficient round for the Military. 

I sure would think the AR 10 he reloaded for would have got better groups then he posted .