• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Always learning

shepp

Every year we do a "sight in" day before deer season. It's a reason to shoot a reason to get together type thing just make sure nothing got knocked around in the past year. Also I wanted to dial my dissy in alil more as I want to shoot some yote's this winter.

So we get the dissy dialed in about 10 shots, and we had my friends son with us (9), I ask him Drexel you wanna shoot it? He's like nah, then his dad tells him come on get over here. So he runs 10 or so thru it, had to help him cuz he didn't have enough body to make it cycle everytime. I think I had as much fun watching him shoot as I did shooting it. Then we let the other boy who my buddy kinda mentors shoot he's a freshman in HS, good kid his dads just kinda a not all there I guess? So he finished of the mag and thanked me when he was done.

So here's the learning part I pull out the .308 send a few down range and my buddy says, your shooting high right? I'm thinking that's strange so I send a few more down range same thing? He says to me you changed your muzzle break right, said yup. He says I bet that's it does a little thinking tells me go 8 clicks down 6 left, first shot bull second shot bull, ended up pulling the third but still just left of the bull. Guess I never thought about it but he thought maybe because it changes the pressures of the bullet exiting the rifle is why it was off?

Put a MI break on it, think it really helped with recoil I ran 20 thru it and shoulder wasn't bothering me like it used too

That was kinda the plan I know my buddies some Is good, my birthday card this year from him was drawn with "an ar style" gun on it he always comes with us. The other kid I'm sure he's telling his friends at school Monday he shot an ar15 this weekend lol I know I would. Anyways he's a good kid my buddy coaches him for wrestling and took him out for the youth deer hunt a few weekends ago, he's a good kid and a hell of a wrestler.

Yep!  I know I might have ruined your grandson last time through here!  Now, you gotta keep him going!...  <lmao>

Yup, you did! This is going to work out pretty good though. I'm going to pass on my Glenfield .22 rifle to him and get me a Ruger 10-22. The Glenfield was a gift from my ex (his grandmother) when we were still together. When I told my wife (who doesn't like my ex at all) my plan she said that was a good idea! I might even be able to get her to get me the Ruger for Christmas! Sometimes you can really take advantage of the jealousy thing! <lmao> <munch>

Edited by 392heminut

Anyways he's a good kid my buddy coaches him for wrestling and took him out for the youth deer hunt a few weekends ago, he's a good kid and a hell of a wrestler.

Alright, a wrestler! Wrestlers are usually pretty good kids, it takes a lot of commitment to be good at wrestling and it usually shows in their character. I've seen wrestling totally turn a kid around, my older son being one example. When he started high school he was a problem. He's now a Border Patrol Agent and the head varsity wrestling coach at the high school! That boy who was at the range with you has some good mentors! <thumbsup>

Edited by 392heminut