• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greetings and Merry Christmas from NorthCoast, Ohio!!!

Markstone

Just picked up a DMPS LR-308 AP4 last week that I had on layaway for five months from a dealer on GunBroker.com. Spent the last few days lurking here... as this is my first "black gun", my mind is just reeling from all the info on this site!!! This part works with this part if that number lines up with this dimension and...... well, you all get the point. You all seem like a good bunch that enjoy passing on what you've learned over the years, and in advance I will say thank you and I'll try not to remain a "black gun" idiot for too long....

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

Don't worry too much, your rifle should serve you well for many years. It's those guys who just can't leave well enough alone (you know who you are) and try to turn a gas tube roll pin into a complete rifle, that have the problems. Welcome to the forum.

Hey man, that's not my fault...  :o  Deny all you want, you're just as afflicted as the rest of the bunch...  <lmao> ;D

Welcome aboard, Mark.  Enjoy the comaraderie, as it's plentiful (whether you want it or not).  <thumbsup>

Disclaimer to those uninformed - I didn't want to lose that damn roll pin...  <dontknow>

Welcome to the forums! Everyone here is nice and noone plays the know-it-all role, and that's why we all love it here. Sit back and relax, and enjoy becoming a mindless AR-product consumer with the rest of us.

This is why I love this place, everyone gets along and shares any and all information.  Plus, they do not HACK on a new guy. Pretty much everyone is equal here.  For myself, I will help anyone with anything they need. Have a Great Weekend!!!

I sent him a few rounds of ammo and he moved across the country. He's easily motivated

I never really though about how "restricted" I was, even in a gun friendly state like Virginia.  As I got closer to moving (which didn't really take long at all), I realized how much Gun-Friendlier it is in AZ - and how much I missed being here. 

Did you mean motivated or lead a stray?

Yes.  :o <laughs>

I refuse to buy roll pins anymore - I won't buy a gas tube unless it comes with a roll pin.  All gas tubes I buy immediately get mounted into a gas block, just so the pin doesn't get lost - and I can't afford to have loose roll pins laying around...  It never ends, though.  A gas block in the safe, with a tube sticking out of it...  that tube is gonna get damaged somehow.  I protect them by attaching the gas block to a barrel, and securing the free end of the tube into an upper receiver...  And then...

Now you're getting it...  <lmao> <thumbsup>  Spare parts cause me grief, and cost me more money...  <dontknow>

Markstone, don't worry man.  You probably won't end up like me.  But...  <laughs>

*** The previous message was brought to you by Gun Builders Anonymous.  All persons interviewed are real, and all events have occured.  Monetary expenditures have not been exaggerated in any way.  All ammo has been fired; no unfired rounds have been taken from the range.  ***

Thanks for all the welcomes... you guys sound about as nuts as me!!! ;D

Already put a Magpul PRS and a Ergo grip on it... the 3 lb. trigger came the other day but been too busy with Christmas (read "wife") to put it on yet. I've dealt alot with smithin' my own Rem700's in 22-250 and 308 and a bit on my Mini14 and the Colt 10mm, the Sig 226 & 220..... you get the idea.

But this new obsession with the "black guns" seems like it's gonna be a fun learning curve to say the least!!!

(tried to send a pic told me file was too large... I'll get it figured out...)