• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

American Spirit Arms

Solussemper

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster. In the past couple of years I have been thinking of building my own AR. Clearly a first for me. After a lot of research I have made two decisions, one I want a 308, two I want a side charging upper. Specifically the one be Asa. After that is where I need your help. Since I know nothing of this upper or lower I don't know how compatible they are with other company's as far as barrels or triggers or magpul, so on and so forth. So please lay your knowledge on me. And thank you!

The .308 choice is great, and the ASA choice is great.... but they don't come together. The ASA is for small calibers only (5.56, 5.45, 6.8, 7.62x39, 300Blk...)

The only side charging .308AR's (off the of my head) are the LWRCi REPR and the FA Titan... OR any custom work you get done... I'm pretty sure both of those options are reciprocating.

If you want a .30 Cal ASA build, check out the 7.62x40 Wilson, the 7.62x35 (300Blk/300Whisper) and the infamous 7.62x39 Russian.

The ASA 308 side charger upper is Armalite Pattern & they use Armalite Gen.II mags. (P-mags are a no go)

Stick with Armalite AR-10B pattern everything and you should be fine. They are rare so there's very little info. out there to be found, I would suggest contacting ASA for details.

PS- SEND LOTS OF PICTURES    :))

The ASA 308 side charger upper is Armalite Pattern & they use Armalite Gen.II mags. (P-mags are a no go)

Stick with Armalite AR-10B pattern everything and you should be fine. They are rare so there's very little info. out there to be found, I would suggest contacting ASA for details.

PS- SEND LOTS OF PICTURES    :))

Thanks for the info!