• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

american defence vs Larue mounts which one do you like and why

Ksgunguy

Whatever mount you choose, I recommend one with a 20MOA forward cant. 

I went a different (cheapass  ^-^ ) route and put it on a Weaver 20MOA riser with low Leupold QRW rings. I like the flexibility and how the riser ties in the flat top receiver with the rail on the Troy handguard and makes everything more rigid. Going with the low rings makes everything fit as close to the barrel as possible.

IMG_5673.JPG

Edited by shibiwan

I think both are good, but your paying a little bit more for Larue because it's Larue. Are you going with a QD mount or permanent. If your going the QD mount and are wanting a return to zero I would google which one did better and buy that one. Go to you tube and check out 8541 Tactical. he is a fellow member of another forum and a fellow LEO. He did a test comparison with actual range time on the ADM vs Borbro mounts I believe on return to zero.

Shibi I want that atlas bipod lol

with a 50mm objective, you'll either need a riser, or a high mount, and you need to be very precise in exactly how high you need for clearance as some manufacturers have 3+ "high" heights available, and you do want the lowest that will clear.

My vote is for the Warne Maxima QDs

http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/scope-rings/maxima-rings-prod15581.aspx

Leupold QRW rings (QD). These re-mount to within 1/2MOA. I've found no discernable difference in my zeroing after removing/re-attachment. The ring heights are almost identical to the Warne Maxima rings.

Edited by shibiwan

The OP title says LaRue or ADM.... I have the ADM Recon w/ built in 20moa slope. From the top of the rail to the center of the scope tube is 1.470". With my 50mm obj. scope w/buttler creek flip up caps it sits perfect about 1/8" off the rail. So far I've not had any issues with it returning to zero. I don't have a LaRue mount to compare it to but from what I've read they should be neck & neck, you can't go wrong with either one.

http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/298/

I'm also using the ADM Harris Bipod mount and really like it> http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/15/