• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ohio gun hunting proposed rule changes

survivalshop

Ohio , where I gun hunt is proposing rule changes to allow pistol caliber & what looks like black powder  rifles to be used . This is only a proposal & not voted on yet by the commission .

It is proposed that this rule be amended to allow the use of certain caliber rifles during the firearms season for deer.  These rifles are traditional black powder cartridge or pistol cartridge rifles and include the following calibers: .357 Magnum, .357 Maximum, .38 Special, .375 Super Magnum, .375 Winchester, .38-55, .41 Long Colt, .41 Magnum, .44 Special, .44 Magnum,.444 Marlin, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .45 Long Colt, .45 Winchester Magnum, .45 Smith & Wesson, .454 Casull, .460 Smith & Wesson, .45-70, .45-90, .45-110, .50-70, .50-90, .50-100, .50-110, .475 Linebaugh, .500 Smith & Wesson.  It is further proposed that these rifles be limited to a total of 3 live cartridges through the use of a plug or inert ammunition inserted into the magazine.

I just happen to have a 45-70 ,but it seems like they mean black powder for a loading , at least that's what it looks like to me . I'll be watching to see how this develops , interesting they even thought or contemplating this.

Edited by survivalshop

.460 Smith & Wesson

Oh, Sweet Jesus, please don't even think about hunting with that damn thing.  It'll try to break your wrist when you shoot it, but it'll certainly shatter your inner soul.  Let that one be, as it's pure evil in handgun form.  In rifle form, I can only think that it'll try to shatter your trachea with the concussion.

That round is the devil...  >:D