• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gray's 308 Carbine

Gray05

• 1 year later...

UPDATE:

• I was really disappointed with the BDS sling that I originally bought. So I swapped that out for a VTAC. Love the VTAC.
  • Birdcage is gone. AAC muzzle brake is fantastic. Really helps with controllability and will greatly discourage anybody from standing next to you while shooting.
  • EOTECH 512 is gone. I got rid of it in favor of a Leupold AR 3x-9x scope and promptly returned it when the news broke of their issues.
  • In the distant future I do hope to replace the gas system with an adjustable one and go with a light weight BCG, buffer, and spring. I think it'll help with recoil and weight.
  • This gun doesn't cycle properly with a suppressor on it. I'll be trying to figure that out and there is a thread on this issue linked below.

Yeah, you definitely need to go with an adjustable block with the suppressor. Otherwise, you're over-gassing the hell outta that thing.

Sorry to hear you weren't happy with the BDS sling. What was it you didn't like about it? They're the only one's that I'll use these days. Just curious. Everybody has their own preference.

Don't listen to R2, he's senile. The VTAC is awesome.

When your ready to suppress, look into an adjustable gb, and possibly a new charging handle (I don't remember which one you have). 

The PRI M84 Gas Buster charging handle is designed for suppressed rifles... but it's big and bulky, not ambi, and costs $90. The MechArmor TacOps-1 has tighter tolerances that make it suitable for suppressed fire. It's also big and bulky, but it IS ambi and is free when you buy a MechArmor trigger (check out our promo). Just sayin...