• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Short range report( no pictures)

My son got back from college last night and so we hit the range with the new AR10T carbine as well as a newly modified Colt AR15 HBAR sporting a new flattop upper reciever, and an Arsenal AK 7.62x39.

Just forget the camera and the cell phone, so no pictures.

We were shooting 175 SMK's in both Federal Gold Medal Match, and M118LR's in the AR10. Just shooting off the bipod. Took only six rounds to get a zero, and almost every thing after that was in the bullseye. At 100 yards. Of the 45 rounds we both shot after zeroing, 2 were in the nine ring and one in the eight. Rest were in the bullseye. Which were quickly obliterated on all the targets. While I did not measure any 5 shot groups, From the results I am confident this will be a sub MOA rifle. Very little stringing of groups was observed, maybe because of the bull barrel. The only problem I foresee is that it is now my son's favorite rifle, and I don't know how often I will get to shoot it.

The Burris 3x9 Scope was very nice with excellent eye relief and very precise adjustments. I am very satisfied.

The AR15 shot well also just shooting M855's to get some brass to load some 75 grain Hornady BTHP. And the AK? Well it is an AK.