• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

More "Year of the .308 AR" Newcomers!

FaRKle!

Looks like two more manufacturers have decided to jump on the 2014 .308 AR bandwagon.

Wilson Combat just released their "Wilson Combat .308 Project" billed as a lightweight option, both in the weight of the rifle (7.7lbs), and how much slimmer your wallet will be after paying for one. Coming from WC though, you know it has quality parts.

One that surprised me a bit is Anderson Rifles' "Big Dog .308" AR. Honestly, there's nothing really special about it, and I'm puzzled by the mid-lengh gas system on an 18" barrel (and that being the only barrel choice). It will be interesting to see if the RF85 coating really does anything for the barrel.

What does interest me from Anderson though is the compliment of .308 AR components that they have such as their .308 matched receiver sets (including LPK). I like that we're seeing more SR-25/AR-10A pattern receivers available. They also have a .308 BCG avaialble too.

Edited by FaRKle!

Glad I checked this was about to start a Wilson Combat 308. 2Vets Arms came out with one to maybe it's been posted already. Lots of guns coming out. I have a friend that just got a Les Baer I have not seen it yet but can wait to shoot it. The Wilson rifle looks good from the few pics I've seen.