• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Boker knives on sale

Armed Eye Doc

I don't know anything about the knives, but they seem to be a decent price.  If you haven't heard of them, Woot is an Amazon subsidiary so there's no worry about buying from them.  The sale ends Nov 3 @ 9AM.

http://sport.woot.com/plus/boker-knives-3?ref=cnt_wp_6

I kind of like this one, but my AC unit needs fixing at the moment so no new knife for me.

Boker Plus 01BO170 Epicenter Folding Knife
$89.99
$219.00 59% off List Price
post-10685-0-28304200-1414893350_thumb.j

Upon further review, some of these knives have good, but not great, reviews.  I read a couple of people who said the ceramic blades are great until they snapped off at the pivot point.  The Epicenter folding knife had some quality control issues in the first run of production.  You can read about those hereHere is an extended video review.

wouldn't use any of those as a daily carry knife to be honest, and certainly not a ceramic. the blade steel doesn't really justify even the sale prices and is pretty common stuff.

but the knife nerd I have become over the past year is screaming at me to put a boker in the collection and that federal looks pretty cool.

Ceramic is very sharp, and needs minimal sharpening, but doesn't have as much lateral strength (duh).  A lot of people think that they can abuse their knives, and ceramic knives are significantly less forgiving than steel for stupidity.  I personally prefer a premium steel for my blades, but ceramic blades can be pretty nice.  M390 is probably my favorite small-knife steel, while CPM 3V is my favorite for larger blades.