• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Upstate SC: DPMS LR Gen2

Stormwolf

Hello all, glad to be here.

I am a Marine Veteran, although for full disclosure I should say that I worked on aviation generators and ground support equipment, and was not a "grunt".  I always really enjoyed my time on the range though, and last year I got back into shooting after way too long away.

I bought an AR15 a year ago last summer, then early this year we had a new Cabela's store open in Greenville SC, and I saw they had a grand opening sale including the newly redesigned 16" DPMS Gen2 Magpul MOE edition, so I broke down and purchased after reading about the close similarities with the AR15 dimensions.  Since then I have realized that a lot of the nice ambidextrous aftermarket parts are not yet available for these, so I may transition to something different.

Since then I have acquired reloading equipment, more to gain another set of useful skills than to save money, and hopefully also to tailor ammo to the requirements of a .308 carbine length gas rifle.