• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR 10 vs. LR 308 barrel question

Eastcoastlaxin

I admit to be a newbie as I build my LR 308 but while looking on GB I came across this barrel which seems like a decent price but it is listed as an AR10 barrel. I know there is a difference between AR10 (armalite) and LR308 (DPMS). My question is will this barrel fit a dpms style upper? My understanding is that when it comes to barrels, AR10 barrels are longer where the feed ramps are or am I mis-informed on that? Here is the link

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=451564651

Thanks in advance for all the help,you guys provide...

Edited by Eastcoastlaxin

Found some info on there barrels & most were so so , as far as how the barrels shot . No real info on this barrel in particular & its not unheard of for company's to miss label the fitment for the barrel , it could be for an Armilite or DPMS , hard to tell . Call or email the Company, good luck .

Why not just get a DPMS type barrel , there are plenty on the market that are available for DPMS pattern rifles . Unless you are building an AR 10 , why bother with miss matching components , when so many are available . 

Agree with the wise silverback.... I thought there was a difference, it was more of a curiosity question to make sure I know what I'm talking about... I have looked at the dpms barrels, just waiting for funds to become available and window shopping to know what I want when the time comes. Thanks for the help guys...