• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig 716 update + 500 rnds later

HansRey

3 months, and 500 rounds later,

Let me start off by saying, wow this rifle is by far one of my favorites. Not only is it fun to shoot, it also turns heads at the range everytime. Whether its due to the fact of it being a 3 gun (similar to the DMR), cathces your attention because I'm flinging brass into your bay; 5 bays away, or the fact that this thing with out a muzzle brake and 150g fmj is deafing.

So I have put 500+ through it, something like 520-540ish of Brass and steel cased ammo. Lots of PPU 168g Hollowpoint Match ammo, PPU 180g Soft Point, and various others including Winchester white box, PMC, and Herters.

I am also glad I spent the money and went Piston over DI, Piston is so much smoother and much lighter on the recoil. 145g FMJ through it feels like 62g 5.56, Insane! It does throw you around, but the felt recoil is very light. Also much cleaner of a system, and cleans very easily.

I have played a bit with the adjustable gas system, Mainly just shutting it off and making sure it works. Just note that you have to turn it back on if you want to rapid fire... Or you look like an idiot looking at your gun and scratching your head like "What the hell..." (Yes I did that this past weekend)

Now I said something about this thing being loud.  "WHAT!" Yes, this rifle is F****ing LOUD! It sure loves to go bang with 150g FMJ. and then everyone is walking over to you and going "what the hell was that?" Raised to your shoulder and pulling the trigger you don't notice just how loud it is. Standing a few feet away and thats when it hits you. Ever need someones attention just dump 20 rounds through it as fast as you can pull the trigger, Not only will they shut up, they might be deaf as well. :)

Also, Nothing like having the family 5 benches away bring brass back over to you. "Your brass is falling in our area, here you go." "Ugh thanks... I was going to come over and get it...." It never bugs me till you walk over and stand to my right in front of the ejection port to get my attention to hand me a few pieces of brass, even after every cease fire I have politely walked over and gathered my brass and apoligised for flinging in your area. "Oh sorry, I didnt know you guys didn't like me dumping 3 mags of hot brass in your area as fast as I could from 20 feet away, I'm soooo Sorry..." Hahaha

Over all the SIG SAUER 716 is a sweet rifle, and well worth the money. If I can think of anything else I need to add or you guys want to know, feel free to ask, and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

Also I thought I would add an update on how the rifle is looking, I had to put off getting a scope, and probably will for a little while longer as I am dealing with another one of my expensive hobbies... Off roading and rock crawling.

So I have added A UTG swat Bipod 6"-9" extension

A set of 45 degree Iron sights (Yes I have to sets of Irons.... I know.)

Some flashlight I found on amazon for $15 bucks

And a green Tactical Laser I found on amazon.

Yes I know with a rifle this expesnive I should continue the expensive trend, but other priorities have taken over. But I will say for $30 That flashlight and laser are blinding.

Heres some updated photos.

post-15371-0-68635100-1422413824_thumb.j

post-15371-0-14953700-1422413837_thumb.j

post-15371-0-93841400-1422413847_thumb.j

I figured I'd show y'all a little of the ligt and laser...

post-15371-0-06676000-1422413880_thumb.j

post-15371-0-03065300-1422413894_thumb.j

post-15371-0-43532500-1422413886_thumb.j

Thank you all! I will hopefully get some range time with and post some more updates. Also I would like add, this thing is a f***ing boat anchor. Hahaha the gun from the factory unloaded weighs 11 pounds. Not sure about the patrol model weighing that much seeing as its shorter and doesnt have a full length quad rail.

Very nice. Lgs has one in fde and im praying that some how i can get 2k from taxes

I hope your talking about getting a patrol model, And if so I would negotaite the price. I wouldnt pay $2000 for the patrol in fde, when I payed that much for mine... The dealer here has the patrol in fde for 1799. Just saying. but It's still worth every penny. Hope to see it when you get it.! :)

I hope your talking about getting a patrol model, And if so I would negotaite the price. I wouldnt pay $2000 for the patrol in fde, when I payed that much for mine... The dealer here has the patrol in fde for 1799. Just saying. but It's still worth every penny. Hope to see it when you get it.! :)

$1799 + 8% (and up) sales tax ~ $2000 ;).

$1799 + 8% (and up) sales tax ~ $2000 ;).

No offense, But I would be looking for a new ffl, I've never been charged sales tax or Credit card fee's on any of my firearm purchases. Just saying. I payed $1899.99 out the door for the rifle which is retailed else where at $2149.99. Maybe I got Lucky. But still. I would probably still negotiate a little. ;)

No offense, But I would be looking for a new ffl, I've never been charged sales tax or Credit card fee's on any of my firearm purchases. Just saying. I payed $1899.99 out the door for the rifle which is retailed else where at $2149.99. Maybe I got Lucky. But still. I would probably still negotiate a little. ;)

FFL's MUST charge sales tax on transfers (including out of state transfers) where bubba is. It's the law.

Edited by FaRKle!

FFL's MUST charge sales tax on transfers (including out of state transfers) where bubba is. It's the law.

I didn't see the NorCal on his profile. That explains all that now! Hahaha.

Is 18 something here. Im sure i can get em down but figured round 2k tax and dros

Yeah I don't see why they couldn't work with you on it, and you guys can get the 716 out there, I read a post where a guy sold one to his friend out there, and the FFL turned it over to the police cause it was illegal there? Haha Obvious you guys can get them there, I will admit, being cali, you guys get some cool guns that have a hell of a time finding here. But best of luck! I'd like see it! :)

Edited by HansRey

Happy it worked out for you brother Hans.Here FFL is $30.00 flat fee.

Normally ffl transfer is $10-50 here in Co, or so far what I've seen.  But knowing people that work at various locations be it the dealer or the manufacture sometimes helps! Even if it is through the owners daughter. ;)