• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

rcbs hand priming tool

Cali_Ed

The bottom of the ram is rounded, so there's less friction on it.  The flat side always goes up.  This is more pronounced on the large-primer ram, over the small-primer ram - watch the small-primer ram closely when you're putting things together to prime.  <thumbsup>

Yeahhhh. When i first started reloading i wanted to make sure my primer depth was ok. Primed up a 223 case and put in ar. Place against mattress thinking ok this will muffle it...pull trigger and the gf comes running. Yeah. Forgot about it having a birdcage on it and the blast will just come right out the sides. Nice burn mark on my mattress that looks like a star. Good thing i got rid of her so i dont hafta hear about it anymore.

Good thing i got rid of her so i dont hafta hear about it anymore.

This man speaks from experience...  <thumbsup>

Ed, next time squirt it with some WD-40 before you do that and let it soak a minute. Should keep that from happening.

This man speaks from experience...  <lmao>

• 3 months later...

I have the old-style Lee hand primer...poorly designed, handle broke after, uuhhh, after tens of thousands of rounds.

Bought the new-style Lee hand primer and it is much more sturdy...but the ergonomics are a bit sucky.

Whatever you choose, ask if you can handle it first.