• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bench Vise

Since I was unable locate a thread which talked about vises aside from the fact that you need one I figured it was time to start a thread.

Just ordered this bad boy today:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009AGUJD8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1426429436&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=yost+650-c

I figured it would work for just about anything I might encounter as well as handle to torque needed to ensure proper fitting of certain items.

What do you use currently use for your bench vise?

Got a 4' Littlestown.  Made in Littlestown PA, it says. Green.  Little rust here and there.  Over 50 years old, works like new.

I'm amazed at the Chinese-made crap you can find out there.  Jaws don't mate up, loose bases, poor castings, etc.

That Yost looks like a piece of quality work.  

The red 4" Vost vice. Its semi mounted on my router table.

I was looking at that one as well since it's forged but went with the one I linked to because of the 5 in jaws and didn't think I would wear it out for my usage.

I'm amazed at the Chinese-made crap you can find out there.  Jaws don't mate up, loose bases, poor castings, etc.

I try to buy American anytime it's possible for that very reason!

Craftsman.  Had it for over 30 years.

I looked at some of the Craftsman stuff, not vises, and have been a little disappointed with the quality as of late. It seems the toolboxes at least are craptastic compared the the one I bought 10 years ago. I'm not talking about the tool chests mind you, just the plain ole carry around tool boxes. Sad!

• 4 months later...