• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lake City/Federal 149 gr. 7.62 at Wideners

392heminut

Right you are. Federal=Lake City.

Not all federal equals Lake City, though.  That's kinda backwards, the way you stated it.

Lake City is Federal, with Federal being the parent company.  Federal doesn't means it's Lake City... 

Yep - completely understand that one...  <lmao>

I can't believe how nice LC 5.56 brass is to load, and how much it SUCKS to load Fed .223 or 5.56.  That $hit is aggravating to process for the first reload...  :rant2:

Yep - completely understand that one...  <lmao>

I can't believe how nice LC 5.56 brass is to load, and how much it SUCKS to load Fed .223 or 5.56.  That $hit is aggravating to process for the first reload...  :rant2:

I've been looking at reloads lately.  What type / model of reloader do you have?

GRA,I also have been thinking of getting back into reloading. I did a lot of reloading back in the early 1970s. To show how long it's been my press,scales, and measure was HERTERS. I think that I will go with the Lee setup several places have a set for around $115 to $120. I have AMAZON Prime and the shipping for 2 day is free and they show that they have them in stock. I have Lee shotshell loaders in 12 and 20 gauge and there ain't no flies on either one.

GRA,I also have been thinking of getting back into reloading. I did a lot of reloading back in the early 1970s. To show how long it's been my press,scales, and measure was HERTERS. I think that I will go with the Lee setup several places have a set for around $115 to $120. I have AMAZON Prime and the shipping for 2 day is free and they show that they have them in stock. I have Lee shotshell loaders in 12 and 20 gauge and there ain't no flies on either one.

Sounds typical of some of us.  I haven't reloaded since I was in the Boy Scouts working on my rifle and shotgun merit badge ... LOL

Needless to say that has been a LONG TIME AGO and I don't remember much about the equipment that was used.  We only did shotgun shells anyways.

I also have Amazon prime.  Please advise on what you purchase and what you think of it once you've used it a bit and I'll do some research.  I know I don't need a production reloader but I do need to be able to load several calibers and really don't know where to start.

I do know that from what I see others say about reloading is they seem to enjoy it a lot these days.